The REAL Pansat 2500 story!

LK
Unregistered guest
Here's what really happened..BL was releasing a CLONE killer originally,but in his haste, put a time bomb on the clock that overruns the processor and killed genuine Pansats as well...but neither BL,Leaker, or Future-FTA.com will fess up to the truth!..Pansat people are pissed, and neither BL or Pansat want to reimburse anyone for the dead receivers..so everyone is dummying up!...blaming a bogus file which doesn't exist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mR-l34k3r
There seem alot of users that have owned Pansat 2500a have been getting killed by a bogus bin the pansat bin is 640 KB (655,360 bytes) of code and this is not a fortech bin do not Download Any Pansat Fix from any site besides the one that have been aproved .

This was the original post and file by Blacklist:

Today, 02:50 PM #1
Blacklist
Supporter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pansat 2500A N2 Release.
Please Backup the Channel list before downloading.
For Clone Receivers has one more life on this update.

You can Discuss this file here:

[link removed]

Regards
Blacklist
Attached Files X-85BL_050905_251_api(N2).zip (345.4 KB, 144 views)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Z3R0 C00L : Today at 02:57 PM.

I downloaded the Bin DIRECTLY from here,this site!...and it was NOT 640KB ..it was zipped and 345.4 KB and posted by BL himself!...and it killed my original Pansat 2500...so this story about we were using a BOGUS bin, simply is NOT true!...Leaker U have to do better than that!...we all trusted U and BL...so whats up and the REAL story?

I now do see what happenned!...U posted the ORIGINAL wrong file at 2:50 PM and then edited the post 1 hour later at 3:56PM and ADDED to the original post...Problem is this file killed GENUINE Pansats too!...and U jumped the gun and posted this killer file, then LATER added an edit to CYA..

(This File Will Kill Clones)
How to determine if you have a " CLONE " Click On The Link Below [link removed]
Attached Files X-85BL_050905_251_api(N2).zip (345.4 KB, 1112 views)

Last edited by Z3R0 C00L : Yesterday at 03:56 PM.

At Least Fess up...somebody here screwed up BIG Time!...this site lost much credibility, after this fiasco and attempt to cover it up with a simple edit of the original post!

LK .. WAKE up
Unregistered guest
We agree, that the BlackList groupies will go on. We have always damned those types for their ignorance, stupidity and making of a retarded cult figure.
We damn BlackList and followers.

What else comes into play is the sites supporting BlackList and the other scammer, DssGuy:

AL7bar,tk
Al7bar,tc
Future-Fta
Hash-hu

A boycott is the only thing that will have any effect.

We advocate a total boycott of Korean and Chinese based products, STB's.

What remains is the DreamBox and the pci cards.

We won't get fooled again.

insta-gat-or
Unregistered guest
I think everyone has missed the point. Quit the B^^ching! This is testing if you cant handle it SUBSCRIBE! I hate F$$king Cry babys! Who's paying for my receiver Wah? YOU ARE! Did Blacklist hold a gun to your head, and make you load it on your machine? The guy made a mistake.Get over it! How much did you pay for it? Just stop and be thankful people like Blacklist are out there doing their best to give you free TV. I have been around a long time. You never try the first fixes for a new system unless you want to take the risk. A big THANK YOU for all the hard working coders out there! Please dont quit! Even though there are alot of b^^ching freeloading a&&holes out here.
Big D

carpetmunchers
Unregistered guest
these fcuking retards are mad because they bought a clone and it fried thier reciever...next time buy the real thing you idiots..Mine's been up since 4pm yesterday...no probs, I have a real Pansat...wwwaaahhhwwwhhhaaaaa

No More Pansats
Unregistered guest
carpetmunchers

to bad ur so clueless hundreds of real Pansats also bit the dust..

Anonymous

This just keeps getting better
Quote:
Thedssguy
King FTA Join Date: Aug 2003

Failures..

These bins were created and tested VERY well by global tech. the failures that occured to OEM boxes can be attributed to either bad downloading or in some cases, failed power supplies. I have a local dealer that showed me this yesterday. He did several boxes with out a hitch, but during scan, their power supplies failed making it appear as tho they died. Further investigating revealed that swapping out power supplies brought the units right back up. Global tech owes nobody anything and the did NOT kill their own boxes!

A complete f*** up by Pansat. They killed clones and genuine receivers( due to very POOR quality control at the factory). But payback is a b1tch and I will not buy anymore Pansat's. Let the boycott begin!!

marky-35
Unregistered guest
I downloaded that bin and it works fine on my 2500 pansat.You need to unzip the file or it doesn't work unzip it it works trust me I was watching all night.

bungee_won
Unregistered guest
With all respect, my Pansat 2500a is authentic. I applied the bin in the proper manner and got hosed.
Hey, it's my fault for getting greedy and not waiting for the dust to settle after the new bin release. I've enjoyed the ride. Maybe there is a fix somewhere for my STB, but if not, I'll buy a new unit down the road........

LK
Unregistered guest
Have U ever thought that maybe it was the COO*LSAT Koreans who are profitting the most from this and actually the ones behind this entire fiasco...they have the most to gain!...Pansat and now Fortec killer bins are ruining their reputations!...nobody will buy Pansat or Fortec now!

STOP and think about that for a minute...its called industrial espionage!

eno
Unregistered guest
is the Viewsat VS2000 a good reciever to get

Silver Member
Username: Jmill1948

Chester, Va Usa

Post Number: 725
well my pansat 2500 original........just died...........i will bury it later......up pantec arss

Silver Member
Username: Hamtec

Post Number: 268
My pansat 2300a has been up and running well since the release. I have no problem with blacklist for he has been faithful to us and always came out with fixes for these units with very little wasted time. Way to go Blacklist thanx for giving us free tv once again.

LK
Unregistered guest
It seems that the Pansats w/ tsop and mainboard Chips are the targets of the 251 bomb.

Target chips:
29LV800BTC-70 or a 39VF800A70-4C-EX or EK
STi5518BQC
(there are many combinations of chips on boards, so results vary)

From what I read... It overclocks the chip and burns it out

C&P from another site:

The full truth about the clone/2500A kill file released by Blacklist.
This is a very interesting story to say the least but is the truth. The global tech coders made a file that they hoped would once and for all put a stop to the clone problem that has plagued Pansat which is owned/ran by Mr.***. The problem is as the engineers pointed out Pansat 2500 a units had 3 chips used in them. The early chips were low speed and the 2 newer were high speed. The problem the coding engineers found was that the clone units Pantec also used a low speed chip as they were cheaper. Now the thinking is that if they release this file it could in fact kill any Pansat 2500A that had a low speed chip in it. Which was all of there earlier released units. The decision was made to go ahead and do it release the file and we will play it off if anything goes wrong. Well in short plenty did go wrong just as the engineers, Mr.*** and Blacklist knew what it would do and it did it. So when it comes right down to it.. all 3 fully well knew that original Pansat owners would suffer and they just didn't give a crap. Blacklist posted on his site that clone users had one more time. when in fact clones and earlier Pansat2500a units owners had no time left. Now this information was leaked in parts to me to keep the heat of the person telling it to me.I will not release there name but it is the truth and no matter how hard they have and will still yet try to say it is not so.The fact is the have been busted.

info so far: This "Panster 251 Virus" is focused on the TSOP. If you have a TSOP 29LV800BTC-70 or a 39VF800A70-4C-EX CHIP on your mainboard you are a target. If you have a 29LV800BTC-90 you are ok. Simply put.. if you have a -90 Series TSOP you should be OK. CHINA / TAIWAN Plant Engineers have been studying the code. Will post more info when available.

The "Panster 251 Virus" CHINA / TAIWAN Plant Engineers have been studying the code. A quote from CHINA "now the receiver is working well." There are too many variables with this patch. We have descided to remove the technical aspects of it... for now. We will post more information when available.

There are wide spread reports of the new 251 Pansat patch also shutting down the Pansat 2500A FTA Receivers. We have confirmed this. Our test unit (2500A Pansat) powered down after 1.15 hrs of operating. If your FTA is operating properly... your one of the lucky ones!
Why does this happen? Poor code development.

There were stringent manufacturing tolerances used with the clones. The MX, STX and Ultra 2500's are 99.9% accurate to the Pansat 2500A. Mr. ** was aware of this and decided to proceed, even though it was explained several times that it would be redundant to kill the Pansat clones. Simply put, it was a useless effort wrought with potential problems and high risks to the normal 2500A owners. Solution? a new patch will have to be released without the "Code-Bomb", allowing the 2500A Pansat owners to watch TV without risk, and finally putting an end to this Crusade against the clones. Note: Energy should be applied to building better products... not worring about what the "Jones's" are doing.
This is a classic example of when malice is shown without regard. Clearly this will have an adverse effect on Pansat.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DO NOT use the new pansat 2500 or Fortec Ultra flashes except on REAL pansat 2500 or Fortec Ultras

These flashes are designed to damage clone and knock off receivers. If you bought from EFTA.us you got the real name brand product, but dont stop reading, real pansats have been damaged by the flash also.

Also if you have a 2500 or Ultra, apply the manufacturers flash before writing the new flash, in the case of pansat 2500 it is highly recommended to use the new boot repair kit we posted prior applying the new flash.

Any corrupt data in the boot area of the processor can cause the flash to terminate the processor.

--- Yes this means that the flash can potentially damage even a real Pansat or Fortec ... follow this procedure to prevent damage.

Blacklist has put together a repair kit file, which we have posted in file archive.

No more fta's
Unregistered guest
SELL those useless pansats before its too late you've been WARNED

FTA"S are done in a month
you heard it here

Username: Pr65

Post Number: 1
i have 4 pansat and i have enjoy the ride, now people had become from hero to 0 it is a shame let be patiente and wait that is why we call this testing if you want something with out any risk go sub if not learnd how to be patien!!!!
and for all those who stiil working hard to give us free tv and keep this hobby. i take my hat off thank you !!!!!!!!

LK
Unregistered guest
Blacklist is still screwin with the Dishnet fixes and says he's going to fry the remaining older receivers with his next fix. It will work longer next time. The next N2 fix will last for a couple of days and then be programmed to zap your receiver. I don't know what all the fuss is about. Blacklist brought you the fixes so it's only right that he should take it back. Too many dlnks in this forum for me to waste my time on. Im outa here.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us