SONY DVP NS 50 -- unlock code, please?

Unregistered guest
I have a SONY DVP-NS50 P/S and I haven't been able to find any tips for unlocking it with the handset -- can anyone give me a clue?

(I'm desperately searching all forums I can find, but so far all responses are discouraging.)

I'm in Brazil, and I'm afraid don't have IR port or Palm device, nor can I buy a one-for-all remote. This DVD player was bought in the US, so it's fine for region 1 but doesn't play region 4, which is what I need.

Thank you very much for any help with this!

(sorry for previously posting in the wrong thread -- I'm new at this but will correct it there)

Unregistered guest
I have the same problem, but it seems unhackeable...
I still looking for the hack... :-(

Bxscig
Unregistered guest
Hope someone finds it soon!!

Username: Rowby_night

Post Number: 1
I'm in the US and bought a Sony DVP-NS425P not knowing about this regional thing. I bought some DVDs from BBC Worldwide (ironic huh) that are for region 2 and can't play them here. Can anyone help me with how to do this, please? Thanks.

Stewart

Unregistered guest
Hi
I also live in Brazil and have the same problem, did you have any luck?
I have a Sony DVP-NS50P and want to make it multi region.
Thanks

Username: Reinhart

Post Number: 9
There would be two obstacles in this.

One, Sony probably made this DVD player in a way that makes it difficult to modify for multi-region playback. One option to circumvent this would be to obtain a computer DVD burner and DVD software that will circumvent the territorial lockout and allow all region playable copies of the original discs.

The other obstacle is whether or not the player can deal with playing a disc that is meant for, like, NTSC on a PAL display or vice versa. Some players can do a conversion in this manner while others cannot, depending on how the MPEG decoder that the player is using was designed.

A region 2 disc would be for PAL, so playing on a modded region 1 player that cannot deal with standards conversion may show video in black and white only.

The Sony DVP-NS50 uses a Sony MPEG decoder that I don't think can deal with this conversion.

A Pioneer DV-588A uses a Mediatek MPEG decoder that is designed to convert NTSC to PAL or vice versa and can be modifed by a firmware update on a CD-R. Hacked firmware images allowing multiregion playback and MacroVision disabling can be found online for this player. But, the DV-588A is a more expensive model than the Sony DVP-NS50 since the 588A also has the capability to play SACDs and DVD-Audio discs. - Reinhart

Anonymous

I also have the same problem with my DVP-NS50P/S. I hope that someone will find a code on this one.

Bling Ching
Unregistered guest
Kip Wells is typical of a lot of egotistical self-absorbed attention getters. His information is incorrect. Idiot.

I have successfully played a region 1 DVD on my region 4 Sony DVP-NS50. So NTSC/PAL conversion must be possible.. Although the region-free capability comes enabled out-of-the-box in Australia.

Just Nobody
Unregistered guest
Sony DVP-NS50, USA, model does not have NTSC to PAL convertor. Kip Wells is absolutely right. You are, Bling Ching, are moron.

Just Nobody
Unregistered guest
PS. You can play PAL DVD on Sony DVP-NS50 if you have PAL capable TV .
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us