HDTV connections

Username: Argonauts

Post Number: 1
Curious if anyone knows the best way to hook up both a HD DVD player (Samsung DVDHD941) and a HD Cable box (Motorola DCT6208) to a Samsung 30" SlimFit HDTV (TX-R3079WH). Both components say to use HDMI, but the TV only has one of those?

Bronze Member
Username: Avernus

Post Number: 47
you can go 1 on 2 routes..

I personally just swap them whenever I want to watch a movie....

another way is to get the splitter cord and it'll put both into the TV...I'm not sure if they made one for HDMI yet, but DVI has one...

Silver Member
Username: Kdog044

Post Number: 184
Use it on your DVD player. Most people don't notice a difference between component and DVI on the cable box.

Bronze Member
Username: Nyrfan

Post Number: 22
If you only have 1 HDMI TV input, your going to have to use 1 HDMI, and 1 component. As Donald stated not much, if any difference between the 2.
Felix

Bronze Member
Username: Afrogeek

Post Number: 20
So, are you guys saying this is no noteable difference between, hdmi and component? Why is it more important to use the HDMI on the upscaling dvd player? Where does RGB fall into the mix? Is it better or worse than component?

Gold Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 1001
There can be a difference but this is very equipment dependent. I would use the HDMI connection from the high definition source and component from the DVD player. You are not going to get HD from current DVDs even with the hype over upconversion circuitry. Or just try them and decide. They do make HDMI switchers. Geffen is frequently mentioned as one of the better ones. But I have not tried it and can not vouch for it.

fx
Unregistered guest
" Why is it more important to use the HDMI on the upscaling dvd player?"

because the upscaling DVD players only upscale through either a DVI or HDMI connection, not through their component connections. When you use an upscaling DVD player all you are doing is substituting it's scaler for the scaler in your display.

xvxvxvx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us