EWR20V4: Just wont work AT ALL!!!

PresidentEvilX
Unregistered guest
Okay, in June of 2004 I got the Emerson EWR20V4 DVD recorder/VCR combo. Overall it never did perform fantastically, but I got along. Then in April of 2005 it suddenly stopped working. I had used the same disks I always had, and even tried other disks, but it just wont work. Most of the time I will hit record, and it will start recording, but as soon as I hit stop, it will start the normal "writing to disk" phase, then it will do the "can't record on this disk error". Also, I can't access the system menu (where I adjust the settings of the recorder such as time, record mode, menu color, ect). Off and on I've tried looking up info on the internet to see if anyone else has hasd this problem, and the only thing I can find talks about a firmware update to lets me record on 8X disks, which I don't think is my problem.

Please, if anyone can help me, I would be VERY apprecietave.

Thanks!!!

Anonymous

Well are you using 4x discs? If your are using 8x discs then they will not work in your unit unless you get the upgrade disc from Funai.

Have you replaced the batteries in your remote? Have you tried to manually access the menu?

If you are using the correct discs and you can not access the menu manually then your unit is somewhat fried.

You'll have to service it or you could always purchase a new one and return the old one and get your money back...LOL.

PresidentEvilX
Unregistered guest
I'm pretty sure my unit is fried then.

"You'll have to service it or you could always purchase a new one and return the old one and get your money back...LOL."

Heh, sounds like a good idea...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us