Sony or Hitachi 42" LCP Projection?

Username: Jlmeloche

Post Number: 1
Hi. First, this board is an incredible resource for the cautious buyer. I was previously against the extended warranty considering it to be a cash grab, after reading posts on this board, I've changed my opinion. Thanks for all the advice.

I'm planning on buying a 42" widescreen, HD television. My budget is around $2,000 CDN and I'm seriously considering buying either the Sony 42WE620 or the Hitachi 42V515. Can anyone help decide which of the two to buy (if any)? Any input is very much appreciated.

I'm

AndrewD
Unregistered guest
I actually was just looking at basically the same TV's (but was comparing the Sony with the Hitachi 42V525 instead of the 515). I spent alot of time critically viewing both of them with both HD content and DVD's and decided to buy the Sony 42WE620 Grand Wega. It has a much smoother picture with little to no screen door effect and the colors where amazing. Like all LCD rear projection TVs, shadow detail was lacking compared to CRT's but the overall image was jaw dropping. The Hitachi had alot of screen door effect that was very annoying (and surprising for a 42"). Also, the DRC scaler-line doubler in the Sony was much better for DVD's. Really the only thing that the Hitachi had over the Sony was looks. The black body was very striking but at the end of the day, it's the picture that your looking at not the body of the TV. Hope this helps. I am very happy with my new Grand Wega.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us