Hyundai 76Cm Widescreen Component RGB not working..

Username: Azndude

Post Number: 1
Hi I recently brought a Hyundai 76cm Widescreen TV (in case your interested the model # is HY3241 ) and there are 2

SCART connectors at the back . I tried using connecting a SCART > Component (RGB) to it , where the SCART is

connected to the TV , While the component (RGB) is outputted from my DVD player..After connecting it all up I

switched to the SCART AV channel but I couldnt get any picture..But if I connected my TV to SCART>Svideo/RCA (Video

composite (Yellow ) , Audio Left (White) , Audio Right) adaptor then it works and there is a display..(There is a

switch on the SCART>SVIDEO/RCA adpator soo I can switch from either Input or Output..)
I just brought another SCART > Component (RGB) cable today just in case the cable I was using was faulty and it

didnt work either..Soo if my TV Has SCART Inputs then shouldnt I be able to see a picture when I connect the

component to it? Or that only some of the pins are active and that is why I can see a Picture if I connect

SVIDEO/RCA to the SCART Adaptor

I checked out the maual and it says the Ext Input Sources it supports are :

EXT 1 CVBS in , RGB+Fb in, audio in , status (pin 8 ) in. (EUROSCART)

EXT 2 CVBS in , RGB+Fb in, Scart SVHS Y/C in , audio in , status (pin 8 ) in. (EUROSCART)..

It mentions "RGB+Fb in" that means that it does support Component RGB SIgnals Video am I correct?
and does Fb stand for feedback ??

I emailed the department store I brought it from and heres the reply they gave me

"According to our techs that TV won't cover Component input. The RGB is for a 5ch RGB signal where component is only

3. So your options would either be Composite, S-Video or a DVD player that has true RGB output."

There isnt a 5ch RGB signal as he mentioned right? Maybe hes just trying to confuse me.He mentioned in the email

that itll work on a "DVD player that has true RGB output" my DVD player does have a Component RGB output
with Red , Green , Blue sockets on the back but it doesnt have a SCART output..I do have another DVD/STB combo

downstairs and that does have a SCART I/O but I dont have a SCART cable to test it on my TV..

.I also rang up the store I got it from and the person I spoke to had no idea what was going on , he even mixed up

the component as the composite input (one signal only)..Soo he asked me to bring my manual in soo he can have a look

..Soo I went to the store today and showed the salesman the manual,He had pretty much no idea when reading the

manual and even said that Component is different from RGB WTF!!!

he told me to bring my TV in during the weekday so he could test it out ..but since my TV is a discountinued model

then theres not much I could do to get an exchange on the same model

I should also mention that my Tv is a discountinued model and I brought the display model soo they dont have another

unit to test it on..

So anyway could someone answer my question whether "RGB+Fb in" means that my TV does support a Component RGB Signal

?
and does Fb stand for feedback ?

Heres a scan of my manual
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/bigboss69/HY3241WManual.jpg[/IMG]
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us