Sony XL2100U Sony Grand Wega Lamp - Resurrected

Silver Member
Username: Vindsl

Post Number: 227
Well, the 'big day' finally came!

My wife said, "Honey, the TV isn't working, and a red light is flashing on the front."

I calmly said, "The bulb is burned out."

"What? It's only a year old!"

"It doesn't matter how old it is, Dear, it depends on how much you watch it."

Wrong!!!

"Are you saying I watch too much TV?"

"I dunno. How many hours a day do you watch TV?"

Wrong!!!

"Listen, buster! Are you telling me Sony made a TV that you're not supposed to watch? What do you think I do, sit here and watch TV all day?"

"No, but the bulb only lasts so long. Sony says it will last 7500 hours, but I know from reading messages boards that they only last 5000, if you're lucky. So, if you watch it an hour a day, that's 365 hours a year..."

Wrong!!!

"Oh, that's ridiculous. You bought the wrong TV. !#@$%!$ You bought a TV knowing that it would only last for a year? You bought a TV that you're only supposed to watch for one hour a day? How many ppl watch TV one hour a day? And, now it's my fault the TV burned up, because I watch it too much. !#@$%&%!$#"

LoL! You get the idea... Sound familiar?

Anyway, I checked it out. I took the front panel off my GW, removed the lamp, and it looked fine. I told my wife that sometimes all you have to do is take the bulb out and reinstall it.

Sure enough! I put it back together and it fired right up (knock on wood).

So, if this happens to you, don't discuss it with your wife. Just rub your belly, scratch your head, and try this procedure. It's worth a try, no?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us