Trouble With Analog Channels Through HDMI/DVI Cable

Username: Mation

Rockledge, FL

Post Number: 1
I recently purchased a Samsung HLN617W1 and last night purchased a DVI-HDMI cable to run from my HD DVR to TV. I receive audio and picture perfectly from the HD channels, but when I change the cable box over to an SD channel, I get a message saying Unsupported Format in the middle of the screen. I am mainly wondering if I need to change a setting or if analog channels just don't go through the HDMI cable? How in the world do I set this up correctly?!?!

Beyond this, I LOVE the TV. It is my first HD experience and wow does it make a difference. I have been lurking on this board for a while and have gained a tremendous amount of knowledge from reading some of your posts.

Thank you for the help!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Jimkw

Columbus, Ohio USA

Post Number: 19
You have been lurking on this board and you still bought Samsung? So did I the night before last. I bought my daughter a Samsung TXR3265, but I was afaid to admit it on this board. Other boards like Samsung quite a bit, but not this one. Sorry but I don't know enough to help you with your problem. Let me know what you find because we may have the same problem.

Rockledge, FL

Post Number: 2
Yeah, I've been looking at HDTV's for a long time and have numerous friends that have Samsung DLP's and swear by them.

Not to mention they seem to always have the best picture when looking at a group of different TV's at a superstore!

Username: Ukdragon37

Post Number: 2
Maybe it's because of the conflicting DVI-D and DVI-A cable formats. If you bought a DVI-D ended cable you wouldn't receive analog signals, and vice versa for DVI-A. DVI-I is the one that accept both. Hope it helps.

Rockledge, FL

Post Number: 3
Thanks Xiang, that is it! I appreciate the response!!!!

engine giver
Unregistered guest
Samsung can lead horses to water and make them drink even when the water is stagnant. Amazing. Horses will be sick and dying before too long.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us