No stereo sound on Comcast digital channels

Username: Mp3guy

Post Number: 1
I recently moved and was given the new Motorola DCT2524/1612 box as an upgrade from the old Motorola box. I found that now I only get stereo audio on the analog channels, not on any of the digital channels (120 and above). Even though a double D with a little speaker appears in the channel information on-screen display, or a "normal" with the little speaker, which should indicate stereo audio, the audio has absolutely no separation on the digital channels.

I have a simple setup, coax into the cable box, coax out of box to back of TV. I have tried changing the cable box audio setup under the menu (TV, advanced, stereo, matrix, compression levels), but nothing has worked. I even tried running RCA cable from the RCA jacks on the back of the box to the TV RCA inputs. This did not help either.

I called Comcast and they are sending out a Tech, but I'm told I could be charged for the visit. I told them I will demand a credit if it turns out to be a Comcast problem!

Has anyone had a similar situation, or can anyone give advice? Thanks. I think it is likely that the new box is not converting the digital audio signal properly, and needs to be replaced.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us