JVC HD70G886 D-ILA

Username: Thellrung

Post Number: 1
I was wondering if anybody purchased a JVC HD70G886? Has anybody seen it? How does it compare to Sony Grand Wega XBR KDF-70XBR950?

Bronze Member
Username: Juan_sarda

Miami, Fl USA

Post Number: 23
They have it on display at Brandsmart (In south Miami Florida) It looks awesome even at 720P. The 1080P 70" HD-70FH96 version should be out around sept 2005, but the HD-70G886 720P is available for around $4000, not bad for a 3 chip 70" display, If that one is to big ( need at least 13ft distance for 70") try the JVC 61" HD-61FH96 720P, the guy at brandsmart said I could have it for $2498. I am waiting for the HD-61Z886 1080P

Bronze Member
Username: Pilot53

Post Number: 28
What is the HD-61FH96? I thought the newest one was the HD61Z786 or 886 at 720P. The 1080P will be out in mid September for about 5K or so. I just got the 61Z786 and it looks great.

Pilot53

Bronze Member

Miami, Fl USA

Post Number: 24
The HD-61FH96 is the 61" 1080P progressive scan check out link below. How long have you had your HD61Z786? I saw it at brandsmart it was the best looking display there, even with all the ceiling lights shinning on the screen.

HD61Z786 link
www.jvc.com/press/index.jsp?item=445&pageID=2&CategoryID=3

Username: Thellrung

Post Number: 2
I have at least 13 feet however, I live in chicago and I can't seem to find anyone that has it on display...I don't want to purchase it if the picture looks bad.

Bronze Member

Miami, Fl USA

Post Number: 25
TH
I had the guy at bransmart show me HD looked great, then I had him go to a digital channel looked pretty good, then to a standard channel it looked good. The TV looks really good at the store even with all those Hologen Lights, because they have it out in a really bright lighted area. Do you have a Costco in your area? If not become a member anyway because you can order it online and they deliver. They have a good return policy.

Costco link below

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11043001&whse=BC&topnav=&cat=48 48&hierPath=79*4848*

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
I've had the 786 for 3 weeks. It looks great. I still do not have it completely set up yet. The HD cable box from Adelphia does not have any set up or options for changing any parameters. At least I can get movies on demand. The other HD box they gave me did better, but did not do VOD. The HD channels are pretty good, though.

The only problem I have is that when watching HD movies from Adelphia, when there is a lot of action, I get pixelation and the picture breaks up into hundreds of small squares. When the action slows down, it is OK. DVD's do not do that, they are perfect. I think it has something to do with bandwidth. It almost seems like I am watching a movie screen.

I know that the 1080P units come out in Sept. I can afford it, but could not justify spending 5K for a tv. It was hard to spend 3K on something I do not watch very much. It was mostly for the kids. In a few years, when 1080P content is much more available, and the price is much lower, I will get one.

I am very happy so far with the JVC. Its only 3 weeks though.

Pilot53

Bronze Member

Miami, Fl USA

Post Number: 29
Pilot53
Pixelation is usaully caused by a weak signal, check all your RF connections to your Adelphia Cable box, unless you are using a direct connection via cable card or DVI or etc, have Adelphia check your signal strength comming in to your house its free they have to do it if you ask. The signals got to be something above zero at the input to the TV or HD Cable box, 5db or 10db is even better. These big sets require a good strong signal. If all checks out then make sure all your component cables from Your Adelphia box are good & not intermittent

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Thanks, Juan

I will check it out. I dont like the box. It does not have any way to set anything. It does not have an info page either. The HD quality is pretty good until the action gets furious. I am going to call them today. The first box did the same thing.

Pilot53

DILAorCinemaSeries
Unregistered guest
Juan,
Which Brandsmart (Miami, Deerfield, or Palm Beach) quoted you $2498 for the HD-61FH96 1080p JVC? I was at the Palm Beach store today and they were not very knowledgeable at all.

Thanks,
Aaron

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
That can't be right. The 720P model is the same price.

Bronze Member

Miami, Fl USA

Post Number: 30
I am sorry I inverted the 720p with 1080p

incorrect
"JVC 61" HD-61FH96 720P, the guy at brandsmart said I could have it for $2498. I am waiting for the HD-61Z886 1080P"

correct
The correct way is HD-61Z886 720P for $2498 and due out later is the HD-61FH96 1080P
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us