Philips Cineos 55PL9773 Warranty Issues

Anonymous

God help anyone that ever has to get warranty service from Philips on their Cineos TV. Everyone will funnel you to a bogus phone number that always provides a message to leave your name and number because everyone is busy, and someone will call you back. They never call you back! I have called hundreds of times, always get the recording. Nobody calls me back. I have left 3 messages over the last week with no contact. Also, the service rep won't touch the TV without factory authorization. I have been to their chat service line, they always tell me to call the dead end "customer service" number.

Username: Ulysses

Post Number: 1
Dear Anon,
And anyone else out there who has a problem with Philips Cineos TV. The dead end line problem can only be solved with a great deal of patience and effort.

Generally speaking, if you work from a phone with a redial capability, hit redial as soon as you hear the change in ring tone that sends you to their message. Once you get someone, get their name and direct dial number (they all have one, so don't be put off if they tell you otherwise).

Now, here's the interesting information. If your Cineos television has a serial number starting with "DK1" you can choose between a replacement Cineos or a full refund.

Once Philips realizes that they have another problem set, they become very accommodating.

BTW, if your set is out of the original 1 year warranty, all offers are void -- unless you call the dead end number before the end of the first year from a cell where you get a list of the outgoing calls on your bill.

Good luck
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us