Dvd player won't play anything

Username: Ochi

Post Number: 1
I have a sony dvp-cx860 dvd player that worked fine until I packed it up to move. Now it won't play dvd or cd disks. The manual says that it could be moisture inside but I know thats not it. Can someone please help?

Anonymous

The only time that this happened to me is also when I moved. I simply took the top cover off and found that one of the DVD's had dropped out of it's slot and was laying inside the player. It was no big deal, just remove it and things should be fine.
I hope your problem is this simple. Good luck.

Unregistered guest
I recently purchased a cx860 from a guy who is moving out fo the area. The first time I put a disk in it, it played... for awhile. Then it started skipping. It was a burned DVD, so then I tried playing the original disk, and no luck there. Now I can't get it to recognize a disk at all. It cycles through whatever disks are in the carousel, it flips them over, then says no disk (or can't play disk) no matter if its a burned dvd, original dvd, or cd. I'm kind of pissed cause the guy said it worked fine. I will try opening it up to see if there is a disk stuck, but other than that, what do I do??

PS I don't have the manual, since he no longer had it. Any help is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks a ton!

Robert

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1441
Clean the lens with a q-tip wet with alcohol. If that doesn't work, you got burned.

Username: Lila

Manchester, Knutsford United kingdom

Post Number: 1
Please can someone help a Damsel in distress!

I just bought a Venturer PS166 dvd player, from an auction. Everything works perfectly fine, except, wait for it , the picture is only just about visible, you can make out a picture playing but only just, on all dvd's otherwise absolutely fine!!! aaaarrrgghhhhhhh, any ideas folks?

Unregistered guest
Frustrated & not sure what to do. Sylvania DVD/VCR combo will play videos, but quit working on the DVD side. In the middle of a movie & it just stopped and gave an error message. Have not been able to play any pre-recorded DVDs since. What's wrong?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us