Recording with ReplayTV via two inputs?

Bronze Member
Username: Murraymcleod

Post Number: 13
I recently got a ReplayTV unit (5508) to record off my comcast digital cable. The problem is that the non-digital channels look like crap after they go through the digital cable decoder, (and they are only marginally watchable even when they don't go through the cable box when using the direct antenna input into the ReplayTV). But if I don't go through the cable box and then into the ReplayTV, I can't record any digital channels! Is there any way to have both a direct antenna input into the Replay and an input from the cable box, and be able to record from both inputs as appropriate, or is the only solution to get a second Replay unit for each input type?? I see that the Replay allows changing the input, but there a way it can be done automatically depending on which channel I want to record?? Thanks...

Bronze Member
Username: Murraymcleod

Post Number: 15
OK, no one has an answer for my question above I guess, so I'll ask another! I was all set to cancel ReplayTV service and return the unit, but the lady on the phone mentioned that an "FM Trap" might clear up the crappy non-digital cable picture. Do these things work? Where can they be purchased? How much? Thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us