Picture problems on sam 5085

Username: Justink1

Post Number: 4
When veiwing dvd's on my smasung 5085 they appear to be "grainy." the picture isnt very smooth or clear. I have the samung htds1000 dvd player and i using an hdmi connection in 480p resolution, also when watching hdtv or sd channels, the bright colors on the screen appear to be almost reflective not very crisp at all. Can anyone tell me how to fix this or is there a more serious problem here.

Bronze Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 16
Switch to component (Pr, Pb, Y) cables and report back.

Also, I've noticed that when you adjust your display settings for component 1 and you switch to component 2 the settings don't carry over. Each input has a seperate setting memory.

fx
Unregistered guest
Good advice FYI, I concur.

xvxvxvx

Unregistered guest
I have noticed this on my set as well. I have a sammy DLP and had my dvd hooked up via DVI cable. Mine was very grainy and bad looking also. I re-hooked it up with component cables and it made a world of difference.

Post Number: 5
Thanks i will go try that when i get home, also does anyone have any ideas on the hdtv or sd picture problem. The bright colors are reflective it looks almost as if there are smears on the screen but i have used a monster brand cleaning cloth to wipe the screen and still no improvment. I am using component cables with my cable box. thanks again.

Bronze Member
Username: Klaus

Holiday, FL USA

Post Number: 41
I have never used the DVI/HDMI connections, since I run all devices via component through my surround receiver and out via component to the TV (Samsung 4674W). I don't even run the audio to the TV it is a video monitor only! That said my dvd quality is near HD, no pixellation, and varies only in the DVD master quality (Spiderman II in Superbit is awesome). I have seen in these posts numerous problems which seem related to HDMI, so why waste the extra money and hassle for now on this hookup?

Unregistered guest
There are many discussions in this forum about the smears/smudges. I have never had them on my DLP but I know many have. It is moisture that is trapped in between the 2 screen layers. I believe that samsung will replace your screen under warranty with an updated version. I know alot of the people with this complaint just turn the tv on for about 30 minutes and that will usually dry them up until the next time.

Bronze Member
Username: Klaus

Holiday, FL USA

Post Number: 42
Justin:
what picture mode are you running?(dynamic, standard, cinema) All of these run hot out of the box on color. Usually you can knock the color down to 35 to 45 and it is about right. Brightness may be too low, try kicking it up a bit. Also turn off digital noise reduction and DNIE. These can seem to improve PQ but often introduce wierd artifacting.

Post Number: 6
Hey the smudges i saw do go away over time and the picture quality does get better after the tv is on for awhile, i also tried the component video cables on my dvd player and they didnt seem to change much. I do use component cables for my digital and hdtv reciever, and i still see a little but of the glare i will try to turn my brightness up to see what happens.

ogbuehi
Unregistered guest
I noticed you said that your dvd player had hdmi out. There should be an option to change the output resolution of the dvd player to something higher like 720p/1080i. This should definetly fix the pixelation problems. You have to use the hdmi connection.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us