Hookin' up

Username: Tskobo

Post Number: 1
First off, I'd like to say that reading all of these posts has been extremely educational! Still, I'm thinking I'll need one of you to help me out. I'm going to purchase a Sharp LCD TV (d7u) which has 1x HDMI and 1xDVI input. I will also be getting a Cable Box with an HDMI output, a DVD Player which can increase progressive scan to 720p, and an amplifier for sorround sound speakers (Niro 1.1 pro II...I live in a smallish apartment).
1. According to Panasonic, the DVD player must use the HDMI output to get the 720p to work. Should I purchase an HDMI/dvi adapter for the connection between the cable box and the tv and then use component cables for the sound? Or should I consider a Gefen HDMI 2X2 splitter?
2. The audio amplifier (Niro 1.1) can accept coaxial or optical fiber. Which should I choose and should I run it from the TV or from the DVD player?...or both (it has both optical in and coaxial). I'm guessing from the DVD firstly because I can play CDs on the player, but I figured I should ask.

I should probably know this, but I've had my lame tv and vcr for close to 15+ yrs. and haven't had to deal with all of this change. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us