Buying DLP - Quick Question...

Just Curious
Unregistered guest
I am buying either the Samsung 5063 or 5674 (probably the 5674). I dont know what kind of cables I need to hook everything up. I am getting a HD Set top box from Bright House, what cable will I need to buy? I would like to hook up a DVD player to the TV, do I need a DVD player that "upconverts"? Whats a good model DVD player? What kind of cables will I need to hook up the DVD player to the TV to get maximum PQ. I also want to hook up my PC to it to play PC games and watch DIVX/XVID, what cables will I need for that? Finally, I would like to get a nice home theatre set, can anyone suggest one? Thanks in advance for ANY help.

FYI
Unregistered guest
I use component (Pr, Pb, Y) cables for everything.
Some like to try the more expensive DVI/HDMI cable, but results have been mixed. I didn't see any improvement, so I sold my DVI cable on eBay.

I was using a progressive scan (480P) Pan DVD player, but I picked up a Samsung HD841 upconverting model and I like it very much.
Mine is a like-new refurb from TigerDirect, which arrived very clean with all accessories including a DVI cable. That shocked me since I only paid $69.95 plus shipping for everything. The unit is reg. $199.99 retail.

I picked up an Onkyo Home Theater 7 channel receiver new in the box on eBay for $300 plus $30 shipping. I only use 5 channels and it blows me away. I already had Cerwin Vega floor speakers and another pair of Sony speakers from an old sterio set up. I am very pleased with the home theater surround sound. I'm using an optical audio connection from my HD receiver, but a digital audio coaxial cable would work just as well. Here are some helpful links.

http://search.ebay.com/onkyo-home-theater_W0QQsofocusZbsQQsbrftogZ1QQsojsZ1QQfro mZR10QQsacatZ-1QQsargnZ-1QQsaslcZ2QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQsadisZ200QQfposZQ5AIPQ2FPost alQQfsopZ1QQfsooZ1

Username: 5thwheeler

Torrance, CA United States

Post Number: 10
Don't buy any cables until you see what comes with your 5674, set top box and DVD. You will probably get all the cables you will ever need.

I bought both the Sammy 5674 and 941 DVD and connected the two with Samsungs "Anynet" cable. Now I can use one controller for both. I tried all the different connections and got my best results by connecting the HDMI cable from the Directv H10 to the HDMI input on the 5674 and the HDMI/DVI cable from the 941 to the DVI on the 5674. I connected my SD Tivo through one of the three S-video inputs on the 5674 and strangely the SD TV Tivo S-video output is better then the Directv H10 S-video output. Go figure.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us