Trying to record from one tape to the other. Shitty pic.

Username: No0b

Post Number: 1
I have a Panasonic Omnivison VCR. It's at least 11 years old. The other 2 are a Samtron and a Samsung that are at lesast 6years old. I'm only hooking up 2 at a time, not all 3 together.

I'm trying to edit some home videos and taped TV shows. Take out some things, commercials..etc. So regular blank record tapes, not copyrighted ones.

The best picture I got was playing it on the Panasonic and recording with the Samtron. But everytime I paused it to record again, there'd be snow/fuz/blinking for about a minute.
I switched some things around and then the picture became worse. Fuzzy, slow, a lot of red in the color..
If this is a macrovision problem then it wouldn't be on the Panasonic. So I thought I could play it with that.. but its still screwing up.

Is there any other way to hook these up to make it record clearer and without the pauseing problem?

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 614
If your sources are home video and tv shows, doubtful you have a macrovision problem. Do your vcrs have flying erase heads? Without them, edit points might not be clean.

Post Number: 2
I have no idea about flying erase heads..How do you check for that? Might not be clean, they were in the dusty basement. I can record off the TV though and get a clear pic.

Could it also have anything to do with too many connections weaking everything?

Forgot to mention how I have them hooked up..

First VCR: Cable going into "in from ant".
"out from antenna" going into second VCR's "in fron antenna"
Second VCR connected to TV

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1031
Use RCA cables, not coax.

Post Number: 3
Ok dumb question..

Can I just use the yellow and whie rcas or do I really need the red? I have 2 rca cables already, just no red.

Post Number: 4
I connected it with the RCAS and now playing already recorded tapes that were fine.. have a crappy pic. I'll try cleaning them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us