HDTV box doesn't support DVI and HDMI?

Username: Fatlouie

Post Number: 2
I just got my first HDTV setup, its a 57 inch crt projection Sony with a 1000w Onkyo 6.1 configuration. I got it all setup, it looks great and performs well. I fine-tuned the picture and got the surround just right.

Next came the cable. I wired a new cable route to the basement room in which the TV resides. Comcast came out and hooked up the HDTV box. Unfortunately, I wasn't at home during the installation. Instead of giving me an HDMI digital signal (the tv doesnt use DVI), all they did was hook up a coax connection and leave.

I hooked up a component connection in the meantime, but quickly realized that it is not a true digital signal. I also discovered that the cable box that was supplied by Comcast does not support HDMI nor DVI.

What should I do? Call Comcast and demand a new box??
I can hardly justify my $3000 purchase if I'm not recieving the signal that I should.

Thanks,

Louie

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 605
By all means call them and demand. Judging from the threads, Comcast does have the boxes with DVI or HDMI outputs.

Post Number: 3
I shouldn't expect to pay for the service visit, right? These guys are just grabbing every dollar out of my wallet.

Louie

fx
Unregistered guest
If Comcast in your area is using the Scientific Atlanta boxes no amount of screaming will help you. That brand of cable box does not yet support DVI or firewire. They will soon be updated. I suggest you make it known that you wish to have your DVI enabled ASAP.

xvxvxvx

Post Number: 4
Its a Motorola box. I called Comcast and I got some guy who knew absolutely nothing, he said that Comcast doesn't support DVI or HDMI and probably won't, he then added that he is probably wrong and that I should cal XXXX extension number at a later time.

Boy do I love comcast.

Louie

fx
Unregistered guest
Louie,

I just noticed that you are using a Sony CRT for your HD viewing. I have a Sony 65" CRT HDTV downstairs with both component and a DVI connection. I have found the component inputs to be preferable. FYI I have a Motorola STB and COX cable.

xvxvxvx

Silver Member
Username: Kdog044

Post Number: 120
The Comcast Motorola dual tuner 6412 has DVI and that's what I use. You need to call them and see if they have that box.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us