Mitsubishi VS-50603 Shuts down on power up

Username: Sbrehmer

Post Number: 1
Help! My Mitsubishi shuts down as soon as I turn the power on. The green light goes on but rapidly turns off. There is a single click noise, but that was normal when the TV was working properly. There is no picture at all. Any ideas on what the problem could be, what the necessary repairs are, and how much it might cost to fix?

Unregistered guest
My TV VS-55707 has EXACTLY the same problem. It just happened a week ago.. before then, I had no problems. Have you found anything out? Can anyone help?

Post Number: 2
This is so lame man...I've searched everywhere for an explanation. My extended warranty just ran out too! Please let me know if you hear anything. I don't wanna get a tech out here to fix it if it's gonna cost too much. I'd rather just sell it off and get somethin' new.

Jeff VS-50603
Unregistered guest
The same thing happpened to me today.

Jeff VS-50603
Unregistered guest
I may have just "fixed it". Disconnected everything; VCR, Theatre sound, DVD, etc. Then disconnected, meaning turned-off the surge bar - which stops all current from going into the set. Let it sit for a few minutes so that whatever "runs" when the set is not on can stop running. In essence, this would be like re-booting it. Then turn the surge bar back on and then hit the power button many times until the circut breaker )the thing making the clicking noise) is "over-ridden" which will cause the current to get to the rest of the circuts and the thing will run. There are sure to be a hundred reasons to not do what I have stated above, but just watched it for an hour, it worked fine and went on and off many times w/no problems. Have since plugged it into a swtiched socket so that when it is "off" it is really "off" meaining that there is no power to it - so that it can "rest".

Post Number: 3
Whoa...that's a crazy fix. I'm gonna go home and try it tonight. Thanks man!

Post Number: 4
Shhooot...no luck for me. Anyone else have any ideas? You experts out there...think it is worth call a service tech?

Unregistered guest
Hey Guys, I'm having exactly the same problem with my VS-50705. Has anyone gotten this diagnosed or repaired yet? Please let me know what it turned out to be? Any information is appreciated...

Post Number: 5
I called a place and they gave me 3 possiblities for the problem...bunch of technical jargon that I couldn't understand. Something about a seal breaking and allowing coolant to leak onto some critical part... Anyway, they said $300 to $450 to fix it. I'll probably just trash mine. Sux but oh well.

Unregistered guest
I have a friend who bought a mitsubish ws-a48 and purchased the extended warranty w/ the tv. What would cause so much damage that they would have to replace it other than repairing it? What could lightning burn up so that the tv would cost more to repair than simply replace?

Username: Raven1

Dacula, GA USA

Post Number: 1
I have a VS-55601 produced November 1998 and it appears the same problem is happening to others about turning on the tv and it immediately shuts off. Sometimes it lasts for two minutes and then shuts down. Has anyone found out exactly what causes this and is it worth fixing?

Unregistered guest
I have a two year old Mitsibushi ws-a48, and while I was having HD and Tivo reciever put in, the same thing happened as what the first poster described. I can not get it to start back up, and I am hoping someone has figured this out. Is there anything about this in the owner's manual?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us