TV Remote replacement

Apodio
Unregistered guest
My TV is an RCA "Dimensia" (produced in 1987). The remote no longer works, but I must punch in a line channel number for a new DVD player to play through. (The channel select button on the TV won't scroll to that number.) Can I buy a simple remote to use? If so, how do I make it control my set?

Silver Member
Username: Vindsl

Post Number: 191
Just get yourself a universal remote control at Best Buy, Target, Radio Shack, or wherever. The last couple that I bought were under 10 dollars. It'll come with a 'cheat sheet' with various codes for various devices from various manufacturers.

Follow the instructions. Find the code, or codes, for RCA TV's, and try them one-at-a-time until it works for your particular TV set. There will be a program mode button, somewhere on the remote, that you will enable by pressing it with a ball-point pen tip, or such, and holding it in for a few seconds. Then, all you do is enter the code[s] with the channel selector keypad, get out of the programming mode and see if it works. If not, try another code. Somebody like RCA might have 10 different codes.

Anyway, universal remotes are cheap, plentiful, and easy to find at almost any store. You can probably even find one at a grocery store...

Silver Member
Username: Vindsl

Post Number: 192
Here's a link for you:

http://www.ehow.com/how_9191_program-rca-universal.html

Unregistered guest
Hi my roommate just picked up an RCA FKC2601T, Dimensia tv. We have a GE universal remote and a fisher vcr. So with this rather unique tv how do I get these things to work. Right now I can not get cable to work or the picture from the vcr to show. Is there a special channel to use with VCR other than 3 or 4? Exactly how do I connect to cables, etc and which ones, thankyou
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us