Toshiba tp55c80 convergence - menu/service

pmg
Unregistered guest
i need help getting to the service menu to set the convergence, loss of power possibly caused red to be off

Unregistered guest
how to get to the service mode to adjust the convergence for toshiba model #tp55c80

Josh Patton
Unregistered guest
obviously you know about the knobs in the front... if the tv is converged in the center, it's likely that it's out of convergence somewhere else... here's what to do:
1. take off the front speaker grill (it will come off if you pull hard enough)
2. unscrew the big plastic covering that has a warning symbol in the center
3. there should be a metal box with a lot of wires coming off of it to the right after you take off the black plastic cover
4. unscrew it and there are a ton of little knobs
5. there is a button that puts a test pattern on the screen, and a lever that switches which CRT is currently on
6. BE CAREFUL!!! the knobs are geometric.... with the test pattern on, not the current position and turn it (a screwdriver makes it easy)

Also, after you take off the speaker grill, to the left there is a little black panel (under the speaker I think). Take it off and there are 6 knobs.... one for each CRT (red, green, and blue) one knob is for the brightness of that CRT, and the other knob is for the focus of that CRT... these knobs can make a lot of difference if they have never been adjusted before

BE CAREFUL WHEN ADJUSTING THE SERVICE MODE CONVERGENCE!!! I HAD TO HAVE MINE PROFESSIONALLY DONE AFTER MESSING WITH IT!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us