Cox Cable and adding a Motorola digital cable box

Username: Dfrogprince

Macon, GA USA

Post Number: 1
I have an old Sharp TV that will only go up to Ch 65. Recently , I switched to digital cable and use the Motorola DCT 2224/1661/ABCDEFGK digital box. I bought another similar box on eBay to work as a channel changer for that old sharp TV. Cox , of course, will not tell me how to get the new box to work properly. Any suggestions ?

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 736
It might never work. You should have rented or bought one from Cox and let them format it. They may require a security card that you dont have, and you'll be out of luck if you try to bypass them.

Macon, GA USA

Post Number: 2
I do rent one box from them , but they will not sell a box outright , not even an analog box.

Liljak465
Unregistered guest
I can't get video to show in the VIDEO IN components. What do I do?

fx
Unregistered guest
"I can't get video to show in the VIDEO IN components. What do I do?"

Nothing you can do, all the video inputs are disabled (throughout the country). It is a firmware change that must be initiated by your local cable company (no one else) and none have done this AFAIK. Although the box has the inherent hardware capability cable companies seem to not want the extra headaches and service calls that enabling these inputs would most certainly generate.

xvxvxvx

Silver Member
Username: Cableguy

Deep in the ... U.S.

Post Number: 181
fx, if it helps any, TW didn't activate the input jacks on our STB's either... Why don't know, but I know lots of people ask about them and if they're active. Kinda sucks to have them but can't use them...who'da thunk it?

comcastsucker
Unregistered guest
I am digital cable subscriber and had rented one box from Comcast. I just bought another Motorola Motorola DCT 2224/1661/ABCDEFGK from eBay. when I called Comcast to activate this box but they refused. Why must consumers need to rent, not own? It doesn't make any sense.

Macon, GA USA

Post Number: 3
It's really too bad that bad weather causes satellite service such a problem. Cable companies advertise Satellite service hidden charges, but what of their own. Rental fees for all equipment , you can't own any of it,

Peas
Unregistered guest
"Why must consumers need to rent, not own?"

Why is the sky blue? Why is your mother not called your uncle? Why does ice cream melt in the sun? Why do chickens lay eggs? Why don't we hurl off into outer space since the earth is spinning? Why do people buy stolen cable boxes on E-Bay and expect them to work?

Who the heck knows????

Peas
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us