Tv/vcr switch not working

Username: Oli

Post Number: 4
JVC vcr model 3911U. The tv/vcr switch on the remote does not work, nor does the menu or program switches. What would be the problem?

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 982
I guess you mean buttons not switches. The buttons on remotes wear out over time. Open the remote and LIGHTLY clean the board and buttons with a q-tip wet with alcohol. Don't over clean them or you will rub off the coating.

Post Number: 5
Yes, you're correct, that its buttons on the remote. These particular buttons are rarely used, because once set you don't need to access these areas unless there has been power outtage. The unit is about 2 years old.

Silver Member

Post Number: 983
Are you sure the remote is on VCR and not TV? Most JVC remotes have a TV/VCR switch and some have an A/B switch too.

Post Number: 6
Thanks David, the TV/VCR switch is on the (VCR)remote and not on the VCR itself. The VCR itself has very limited buttons, most everything is on the remote.

Silver Member

Post Number: 985
All you can do is clean the buttons on the remote.

Post Number: 7
You really think its the remote? Could it be something in the VCR itself? Its just hard for me to believe its the remote, when I hardly use it. How would I clean the buttons, it would seem that I should get behind the buttons to clean the contacts.

Silver Member

Post Number: 987
Some VCRs have a monitor out that menus won't show up on. You have to take the remote apart and lightly clean the board and buttons.

Post Number: 8
Well, I finally got around to taking the remote apart and it was pristine inside. Nevertheless I did do a light cleaning of board and buttons with no result. The only thing left is looking inside the VCR itself and maybe I'll be lucky and find something.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1010
You won't find anything inside the VCR. If it's a JVC, it should have a menu button on the VCR. If anything maybe it's a menu setting.

Post Number: 9
David, this VCR, main menu screen is acessed from the remote.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1018
Most JVC VCRs also have a menu button on the VCR, guess yours doesn't.

Unregistered guest
I am having the exact same problem with my H5900 JVC VCR. I've tried using the remote from my other JVC VCR and it still doesn't work, so it is something with the VCR itself.

Did you ever get this resolved?

Unregistered guest
I am having the exact same problem with my H5900 JVC VCR. I've tried using the remote from my other JVC VCR and it still doesn't work, so it is something with the VCR itself.

Did you ever get this resolved?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1140
Some VCRs have a switch to turn the converter off, make sure it's not off if it has the switch. Try the A/V jacks, if neither one of those work, it's toast.

Unregistered guest
DO ALL VCR'S HAVE MENU BUTTONS

Gold Member

Post Number: 1237
Everything made in the last 15 years.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us