Archive through March 07, 2005

Unregistered guest
HI, PLEASE..I NEED THE UNLOCK CODE FOR AKAI DVM-9500 DVD PLAYER, I CAN'T SEE MULTI-REGION DVDS
THANKS

Unregistered guest
hi,

just bought dvd portable player in car,Xtreme video,it plays on USA zone dvds,Help me how to unlock it plz,email to gmartynas@yahoo.com.

Anonymous

Try this site
http://www.dvd365.net/?hacks
If it's not there then as fry guy said, stiff sh*t

Username: Matijac

Post Number: 1
How do I enable the sony DVP-F41MS or orion 2953si to play multi-region dvd's?

matijac@aol.com

thank you

Username: Bobby_dazzla

Hello.

I want to make my JVC DVD multi region. How do I do it.

Model: JVC TH-V70

DAZ

Unregistered guest
Hello,
I want to make my Entiveo DVD multi region. How do I do it
Renzo

booman
Unregistered guest
unlock code or multiregion for Panasonic RA-61 ???

mail:xboogr@yahoo.com

Username: Wind

I purchased a DVD Red Pro last week and recorded two DVD'S to a DVD'S but after that the Red Pro light just stayed red and didn't blink, not only didn't it blink but it will not allow us to record anything that is blocked. Has anyone else here had that problem and if so how did you resolve it?

I have been in contact with the seller but so far I haven't gotten any answers that would help.

Silver Member
Username: Fryguy

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 517
That's the macrovision copy protection, not much you can do there if anything.

NOTE: posting your e-mail in plain text is a good target for e-mail spam bots, so unless you enjoy spam I wouldn't post your e-mail in a forum in plain text.

Username: Wind

Post Number: 2
Fry Guy it's not just the Macro vision copy protection, it will record about two DVD'S and then it will just stop blinking turning solid red and won't record anything else.
I have contacted Dimax ( the distributor) and explained the problem, he said it was a problem with the DVD Red Pro and will send me another one or refund my money as soon as he receives mine.
I just found out today that I can buy a machine here that will do the same thing but for less than I paid for the Red Pro, I will be looking into this tomorrow.

I didn't realize that anyone could see my email addy, but thanks for the info.

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 524
That's good that you found the true problem with the product, and that it wasn't any copy protection hassle.

The E-mail link statement about spam Bots was a general one but was intended for "booman" above and others that have typed an e-mail link in their message.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------
E-mail links in detail.

Those e-mail links are clear text (if you look at the source code) and are very easy to detect with an automated Bot to harvest your e-mail address for spam lists. So if you wish to have a spam free inbox and don't want others making money from selling your address, don't type it in clear text.

The easiest way is to simply split it up into pieces, like [me(at)mydomain.com] and don't use the @ symbol. That's not 100% Bot proof, but it's more secure then not doing it at all.

The most secure (super paranoia) way is to attach your e-mail as an image with the text and to use an pattern in the background, no mass harvesting uses optical character reconnection that I know of and even if they do advance that far the background pattern will make it that much more difficult.

Nothing will help you against manual human input and prorogation of your e-mail address. Next time you send an e-mail to several contacts or receive one. Think about how easy it would be to harvest those e-mail addresses. That's why forwarded e-mail and chain letters are dangerous to the spam free health of your in-box.

Zayn
Unregistered guest
I have tried to make my Toshiba 2109Y DVD player play region 1 movies using the code I found on a web site and now it doesn't play dvd's or cd's, I also have been told that I need to send it away to be recoded to area 4. Is this true? Can anybody help me reprogramme it using my remote? Do you know a code to fix it?

Unregistered guest
can somebody help me make my new DENON D-M71DVSXP DVD HOME THEATER SYSTEM zone free ? ready to pay just tell me where to go. Tx in advance

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 527
Zayn, sounds like you learned the hard way that it's not easy or simple to make a DVD player region free, and what can happen when trying to do so.

Unregistered guest
I have a Samsung DVD - V90K player from Thailand. How to play DVDs from the UK?
Answers to Kayanow@gmail.com

yaba26
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know where I can get the hack remote for a Panasonic S27 that costs less then $218.00? That's the price at www.dvdchips.co.uk

Unregistered guest
I have a sharp dv sv80s dvd player which is locked to region 2. can I get some help from anyone with unlocking it?
I would be very greatful.

Unregistered guest
I have a sharp dv sv80s dvd player which is locked to region 2. can I get some help from anyone with unlocking it?
I would be very greatful.
cohiba@bredband.net

Anonymous

I have tried one of the hacks from my palm to convert my region 2 dvd player to a multiregion player. It now plays the region 3 dvd but I get only black and white pictures. Any idea why this happened and how I could fix this.
The hack was downloaded as specified in
http://dev0_2000.tripod.com/
Please reply to barmel@hotmail.com

Username: Sbeverley

Lytham, Lancs England

Yesterday I bought a Panasonic SA-HT870 Home theatre system, however it will not play DVDs from region USA /Canada. Any help with code wouldbe much appreciated.

Unregistered guest
help need acode for acoustic solutions TE-118A

Unregistered guest
I was referred to here by another message board, I need to make my RCA dvd player regionless. I don't come by this way much so if anyone could offer me their helpful services please email me:
alexandria137@hotmail.com

Unregistered guest
I need a regoin free hack for a Sony DVP-NS575p. Could some body help me? gibhnthgi@juno.com

Unregistered guest
I need a regoin free hack for a Sony DVP-NS575p. Could some body help me? gibhnthgi@juno.com

Please?
Unregistered guest
I can access the main frame menu by pressing
top menu/ clear/ power on... from the remote. But I haven't been able to find the region setting adjustment.

Unregistered guest
Seen emails here to help with unlocking a Sony DVP-NS355. Just for the mod's information, I am doing research other ways, but looking to find the answer the easiest way possible. Can you blame me?

I live in a Zone 5 area, but folks from home send Zone 1 disks, and friends sometimes travel and purchase Zone 2 disks. So, I want to be able to watch them all!

Any help can be emailed to kzclowns@hotmail.com.

Thanks!

Unregistered guest
I have a Sony DVP-NS575PS Progressive Scan 1-Disc DVD Player and i want to crach/hack it so it can see all regional movies.... please reply to
ravman_2000@hotmail.com

lullo
Unregistered guest
Hack for Nextbase SDV17-A3, if you have, please

I know it can be doen because some guys in Dublin offer to send a CDRom ( 20 pounds ) with the solution, but i don't live in the UK !

reply please to hjpm33@hotmail.com

thx

Unregistered guest
DOES ANYONE HAVE A HACK TO MAKE MY SONY DVP-NS575P DVD PLAYER MULTI-REGIONAL? i REAALLY NEED SOMEONES HELP. THANKS

Username: Jamie

Post Number: 3
Is it true that the panasonic S25 is unlockable?? as i cant find a code anywhere!!

Unregistered guest
can anyone please help me with samsung dvd ts h352a region?? there were 4 regions available & i've used all of them. now my region is fixed on 'region 2'. how can i access dvd's of all other regions

Unregistered guest
can anyone please help me with samsung dvd ts h352a region?? there were 4 regions available & i've used all of them. now my region is fixed on 'region 2'. how can i access dvd's of all other regions

Unregistered guest

Username: Zoneimage

I have a Toshiba Sdk700...does anyone know how to unlock region (make it region free or change regions?)...Thanks SO much!! Haven't been able to find anything on the web.
Thanks in advance to all! Please respond to zoneivimage@yahoo.com

Cheers,
Gus

Unregistered guest
I've been sent some DVDs from the States on the off-chance I can make my Sanyo SL25 region free.
I'm in the UK (region two obviously).
Any clues for this techno idiot?

Unregistered guest
Hi im trying to find codes for multi zoning a onkyo dv-c501. Can this be done?? azfrog33@hotmail.com

Josh_the_Aussie
Unregistered guest
How about you go back to where you bought your DVD player or consult the Manual. It will tell you if it can be changed to read multi-regional or not. If it can then it is a simply code you enter to your dvd player WHICH COMES with your DVD player when you by it.

If you are too f*cking lazy to do this yourself and want someone else like poor old FryGuy.ca then just go out and buy a new DVD player. You can pick one up for around AUS$60(20 pound or USD$45) from dick smith's or similar.

or better still. Stop buying DVD's your DVD player can't play and you'll give everyone's ears a rest from your whinging.

NOW ALL OF YOU SHUTUP!!!!!

Unregistered guest
Hi friends. Someone have a code for all regions of TOSHIBA SD-V395? Thanks for help me.

Unregistered guest
Hi friends. Someone have a code for all regions of TOSHIBA SD-V395? Thanks for help me.

Unregistered guest
Sony DVP NS310 please could anyone supply me with the hack to make this player multi region.
Technosonic DVD602C this one too...............?
would be so happy if you could let me know....both of these..cheers...
stevetrapdj@hotmail.com

Unregistered guest
hiya i have lost the list for my alba dvd 59 and i want to change it to multi regional can you please help me

Anonymous

can somebody tell me how to unlock my apex ad 5131 so i can watch all region code dvds

Username: Lai

can somebody please help me unlock my apex ad 5131 thanx

Anonymous

hello out there.i don't know sh** about unlocking my apex ad 5131. can somebody help me get started.thanx

Anonymous

can somebody please help me unlock my Okano 4000 mp into a multi region dvd player. I'm really frustrated.

Anonymous

Hi,How are you?
I want to unlock the code of the toshiba TV/VCR/DVD combo player.
Modelname is MW20FP3 (toshiba).
Would you tell me the knowhow?

Anonymous

Hi there , i have a Koss DVP2161 which I purchased from amazon last week , I'm travelling to Europe so I need to make it multiregion please help me in this , your help is greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Tarek

Unregistered guest
I have a Samsung DVD model : P243N, The Dvd is made for Zone 4 only, I want to know how to hack it for Multi zones. please answer back on: vhoc7@yahoo.com

Karry
Unregistered guest
i have a Phillips DVP 520. can anyone help me make it multiregional.

thanks!
Karry

Unregistered guest
helllllllllp! need code for panasonic saht870 going mad

Anonymous

fryguy... your just a dick. just wanted you to know

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 568
Where did that come from? If your going to tell me off please be man/woman enough to leave your name. Then again if you were man/woman enough to do that then the issue between us would have been resolved by now. Then you wouldn't be defaming my name on-line as an anonoymous user!

Anonymous

FryGuy.ca, Man you have the patience of a saint and the wisdom of soloman, your talents are wasted on this bunch of bums who need to learn to read the thread.
But it is entertaining on a rainy afternoon.

Technokc
Unregistered guest
Worth Repeating :-)
FryGuy.ca, Man you have the patience of a saint and the wisdom of soloman, your talents are wasted on this bunch of bums who need to learn to read the thread.
But it is entertaining on a rainy afternoon.

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 569
I'm glad that a few find it entertaining.

I still don't like being called names on a public forum. If someone has a problem with me all I ask is that they, please talk to me to resolve the issue they have with me.

Miscommunication and a simple misunderstanding of whats going on is almost always the case. If they found my posts in this forum a bit off taste, please understand that I'm here time to time to help answer actual questions not personal requests. The constant bombardment of personal requests to my personal e-mail is the reason for those posts. Now that you know the rest of the story you wont be calling me names on a public forum now with that new understanding of the situation.

(Warning: I post with my name and I tell the technical details "in a no B.S, to the point" way!)

Fry guys nemesis
Unregistered guest
Fry guy - you are such a saint. Dont you have anything better to do with your time than play the know all samaratan??? Get a grip and get a life. Ok, so some of these people are lazy, but you didnt have to post your email address. But, you did, so dont cry about the consequences. Oh, yeah, i have remained anonymous, because smart alecs and condesending samaratans dont deserve to know my name
PS Aussie Josh - get off your little skippy soap box and get a life too.

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 574
I offer help on public forums as a free service to help others. Its called a good deed! Its insults from others (like yourself)that make me wonder if I should even bother spend a few hours of my precious time each day doing help that don't earn me any money!

Unregistered guest
have a Creative SLIMLINE model : , I want to know how to hack it for Multi zones. please answer back on: gennaro.annis@tin.it

Anonymous

Please can anyone tell me the code to unlock our philips DVP642 so we can watch our Region 1 and Region 2 movies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

I have a Samsung P 239 coded on 1-st zone and i want to make it play on "free zone ". Can anybody help me ? Tks !

Username: Kola

Ikeja, Lagos Nigeria

Post Number: 3
You're great FryGuy don't let someone get you down, you are doing a very good job helping people like me. The more you do it the more God return it in multiple folds, keep it up.

Well! am somehow depressed no one talks about Orion, my DVD is Orion DVD-818 MK II, most of the Hacks doesn't work. Please how can i make it Region Free. Please answer back on: kolafun@yahoo.com

Anonymous

can someone help with a hack for the panasonic DMR E30, thanks

Anonymous

Re DMR E30 my email address is kdavie@btinternet.com

Unregistered guest
Can anyone help me unlock my daewoo DX-7840 dvd player?? I live in region 2 and need to read region 1 dvds. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Username: Claudias

Sao PauloBrazil

Subject: Samsung DVD-P341
Hi people! Please, do you have any hack to unlock my DVD player to all regions?
I bought it in United States (region 1) and would like to release for all regions, or at least to region 4 (Brazil).
Thank! Kind regards, Claudia (claudia.sandoval@sap.com)

Unregistered guest
Does anyone know if a JVC XVN312S can be made multi regional with codes or do I need to obtain software.
If yes to either do you have them.
Thanks in advance, Arnold
halmaarnold@hotmail.com

Unregistered guest
hi
i have toshiba Home theater system dvd plyer
sd43hk model

i need to hack region of my dvd plyer

thank you
squssini@joramco.com.jo
saidmazead@hotmail.com

Karen1977
Unregistered guest
Hi everyone and anyone. I have a problem. If anyone can help it would be great. I just purchased a dvd offline when I found it for a college biology report. I was so excited when I finally found it I didnt realize it may not play on my player becasue it is from New Zealand and Im in USA. Does anyone know if mine is multiregion? Its a polaroid pdv-0823A. If its not, can someone direct me where to go to make it multiregion? Thanks ahead of time for your help. :-)

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 595
For just a few disks, your best option is to remove the region encoding from the disk itself.

You'll need a DVD-R burner and some free software to do it. My favorite is DVD-Shrink. It will remove the region encoding (DeCSS) and allow you to shrink the contents to fit a regular DVD-R disk.

Finding a region free hack for a particular model can be difficult and many times impossible. If you want a region free player its best to do research and buy one that is known to be region free or easily user selectable.

karen1977
Unregistered guest
Thanks Fry Guy. I have DVD shrink for whatever reason, lol. I'll try and figure it out. Thanks a bunch :D

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 599
DVD shrink is good for ripping DVD to hard drive for playing on your computer also. Its a very popular, free and powerful program that may be why you have it .

NOTE: I'm going to be working a lot more on my business, so I won't be on the forum much from now on.

Anonymous

Need some help.
How can i get my SEG DVD 530 Player, for TV, region free?
thx

Unregistered guest
Please Help can you unlock dvd recorders and if so does anyone know where to get it for model
JVC DR-M10SEK
We could realy do with this as we have moved from the UK to New Zealand.

Losers
Unregistered guest
Wow some of you guys posters, FryGuy in particular are just plain ignorant huh?

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 603
Thank you ,I'm finally starting to get use to being called names for no reason.

Unregistered guest
unlock code for a JVC TH-A25, bought in the netherlands and now need to use it in Australia

Unregistered guest
I would appreciate the code for an Alba 54. Thanx

Unregistered guest
hi I m in brasil and my dvd (sony dvp ns700v) only plays in black and white. If some1 can help me please contact me on e.schimitd@uol.com.br.

Anonymous

Please i need the Region Free code for my
SONY DVP-NS355.Anyone Please email me at
letanneur2000@yahoo.fr
THANK YOU

jannas
Unregistered guest
I just spent half an hour reading all these posts from top to bottom, and I must say I am astonished and apalled at the egotistic ignorance, stupidity, and selfishness prevalent amongst the population.
FryGuy, don't waste your time on all these losers!

pete07
Unregistered guest
please can u tell me how to make philips dfr1600 suround system to multi region ?

Unregistered guest
Does anybody out there know how to convert the following DVD Player into multi-regional mode:

Samsung DVD-P243N

Unregistered guest
I want to unlock my Toshiba RD-XS46 and Sharp DV-HR450 , The Dvd is made for Zone 2 only, I want to know how to hack it for Multi zones. please answer back on: irfnet@yahoo.com

Mongrel
Unregistered guest
---WELL WHAT A HAPPY LITTLE PLACE YOU GOT HERE ---

---FRYGUY :YOU SEEM A LITTLE SHORT AT TIMES AND I UNDERSTAND WHY ,ITS REALLY QUITE SIMPLE ,,MOST PEOPLE ARE VERY VERY STUPID ITS THE USER FRIENDLY AGE THAT ALLOWS ANYONE WHO CAN CLICK OK, FINISH, OR CONTINUE TO COMMUNICATE WITH THE REST OF THE WORLD . WHEN IN THE GLORIOUS PAST WE JUST MADE FUN OF THE VILLAGE IDIOT ,BUT ONLY HAD TO DEAL WITH OUR VILLAGE IDIOT !! ANYHOW THANKS FOR CONTRIBUTING YOUR TIME ANSWERING Q'S AND COPING FLAK OFF RETARDS LIKE
--JOSH THE ROO ROGERING AUSSIE
AND
--FRY GUYS I NEED A FREEKIN LIFE NEMISES
AND
--LEARN MORE BETTER ENGLISH BEFORE YOU SPEAKUM INSULTS TO PEOPLES ..LOSERS

OH YEAH I DIDNT KNOW THAT ABOUT THE SPAM STUFF SO HERES A LIST OF PEOPLE I DONT LIKE MUCH
shubbard@austar.com.au
james@lisp.com.au
dogart@yahoo.com

Unregistered guest
Hello! My name is Junior and I'm in Brasil, I have a Toshiba SD-V395 DVD/VCR Player, that only plays DVDs for Region 1, but here our region is 4. I need update the Firmware or the Region Free code for plays DVDs of region 4 too. Help me please! Contact me on lombajr@hotmail.com.

bruo
Unregistered guest
hi,i have a dvd r/rw in my computer called writemaster ,anyone here knows a link for a site that i can dowload for put in zone 0?im in portugal ,thanks my email is baltazar1@sapo.pt

Anonymous

can you help me make region free my emerson dvd, vhs player? i bought several movies and cannot watch them, thanks in advance

Username: Fashistik

Can some one help me to unlock region on Sony NS950 or NS955 dvd player. Thank you

Username: Tex

Prahran, Victoria Australia

Can anyone help unlock a Sony DVP-NS575S dvd player? Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks.

Username: Fabermit

Any help to unlock Onkyo DV-SP501 dvd player.

Username: Jo_c80

Hi there,

I admit I am a complete moron and didn't even realise that there were such things as region codes until I bought some DVD's on a recent trip to the states - V.dissapointed that I am not able to use them!

Never the less i have googled incessantly and read so many forums but to no avail.

Please can someone tell me if there is a hack code for an ALBA 54 or if I have to resign myself to shelling out more money to buy a new player? Also another myth 1 forum said that the AlBA 54 is actually a Bush 2038 in disguise which confuses me even more. Have tried numerous codes and am now losing the will to live, or at least concentrate on anything else!!!

Any responses will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jo.

P.S. I can hear you all cringing as you read, Fry guy apologies in advance as my stupidity is probably killing you!!!

Unregistered guest
Could anyone help me to unlock region on Sony DVP-NS575P dvd player.
I have looked for everywhere and nobody knows anything about this model.
Thank you.

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 611
Quote: "There's no stupid questions, just stupid people for not asking questions!"

As you have found out not all DVD players can be made region free or be tricked to play other regions.

The only true way to make a DVD player region free is to actually hack the DVD player's firmware and re-flash the players TSOP with the hacked firmware. Only a technician will have the tools to do the reading and writing to the TSOP (Some models may be upgradeable via a firmware .bin file burned onto a blank disk). To hack the firmware you need to be a skilled programmer with knowledge of the small OS and DeCSS code that's on the DVD players TSOP.

With that being said if you can't find a easy key code or back-door to access a user changeable region menu, then its not looking good.

If you only require a few disks to be of another region there is a cheep alternative. At least if you have a computer equipped with a DVD-R burner.

You can use "DVD Shrink" to copy the disk with the region that you can't play to a blank disk with the region encoding removed. The software by default will remove all region encoding in the DeCSS process.

That's fine if you have the gear and only require a few out of other region disks to be made playable (small DVD collection 10 to about 50 disks). If you just moved to another region and have a small collection of DVDs then it would be best for you to sell your current DVD player and get a player for your region. Then just remove the region encoding from your collection of DVDs with the copy process with DVD Shrink. This is a good idea anyway as it will preserve the original disks and prevent damage from use and abuse (Got children then you'll know how hard they can be on disks!).

If you have a large collection or don't have a DVD-R burner you'll have to sit down and calculate out the costs and weigh your options.

Kiwi
Unregistered guest
Could someone show me a hack to make my Zenith XBV342 a multregion player instead of just region 1
Thanks

Username: Spudboy

Searching for the multi-region unlock codes for a Panasonic S25 DVD player? Anyone?

Username: Hen91

is there a code to unlock my panasonic dvd recorder dmr hs2 as it is driving me mad
thanks

Username: Bambam05

is there a code to unlock a SONY DVP-NS575P?

Username: Ealmeida

Sao Jose dos Campos, SP Brazil

Does any one have the code to convert a Magnavox MDV110 to region 4?

Thanks.

FAbbott
Unregistered guest
Hmmmm ....
I haven't posted anything for a while, but I was looking for a 'quick-fix' to multi-region my Panasonic PV-D4744 when I found this messageboard. Anyway after reading all the posts and having a chuckle at Fryguy and his nemisis I thought I could actually add something to this forum for UK residents....
Joanne: Alba - Bush - Goodmans & Matsui are usually the same electronics with different cases and badges on them. There is a UK magazine called 'Television' that has listings of companies that can tell you all equivilant models.

Multi-region DVDs in the UK: Go look at www.Richersounds.co.uk! I honestly don't work for them, but they are so cheap and helpful I'd recommend them to anyone.

Hope this is of use to someone and if there does exist a simple crack for my Panasonic, give me a shout, before I start re-living my college days and play with its memory directly (probably resulting in the machine becoming annoyed and refusing to play anything .... followed closely by my wife beating me up!)

SSGENESIS
Unregistered guest
Please some one how has hacked the Samsung DVD-P241 post it, I have tried the other codes and they don't work.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us