SONY DVD 500x

Username: Datalova

Post Number: 1
I have this DVD-r. I am trying to copy my old vhs to dvd. I use my older vcr to play on the TV and the sony for recodring. I sleect the inout as TV and the TV indicator shows. Some of the things on the VHS just wont record properly or the DVD-r stops recording on its on. Any ideas. The vhs is old tv talk shows from the seventies and early eighties. Some of it is bad quality picture by good sound. JUst dont want to lose those recordings. Any advice would help.
TY,
Pam

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 905
How is the VCR connected to the recorder? If the video is really bad, the recorder may think it's not getting a signal. Alot of recording problems are cheap media related.

Username: Datalova

Post Number: 2
I just gotta save these! I put the recorder on input TV and play the tape and record from there. It copies everything except the ones that "look old". Is there no way around this? I even recorded them to a new VHS and that gets the same result.
Thanks for your help.
Pam

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 909
You still don't say how the VCR is connected. It should be connected with RCA jacks, not coax. If you are already using RCA jacks, maybe the video cable is bad, common problem with RCA cables. If the picture is so poor that the recorder doesn't think it's getting a signal, then there isn't much you can do except maybe try a video processor. They aren't very cheap and may or may not work.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us