Toshiba DLP 52 HMX94 colors

Username: Toshibajoel

Post Number: 1
We have tried many calibrations (bulb, color, tint, sharpness, etc on our new set...but can't seem to get it right. It is way too yellow and blue, and has almost no red. Anybody else have this problem...or solution?
Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Kdog044

Post Number: 67
You need to pick up Avia or Digital Video Essentials to properly calibrate your set. I have the 62HMX94 and calibrated with Avia I don't have any isssues with the color.

Post Number: 2
Thanks. I just ordered the DVE. I am curious though, was the color as bad as I described in my earlier post when your set arrived? Are there other color adjustments besides the "on screen" color, tint, sharpness, etc?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
I didn't really view it much prior to calibration but after having the set for a week I found that I had to recalibrate so you may need to check it after 100 hours or so. To give you an example, here are my before and after calibrations using Low lamp and Medium color temperature.

Initial calibration

Contrast 65
Brightness 57
Color 59
Tint +3
Sharpness 0

After Two Weeks

Contrast 65
Brightness 50
Color 41
Tint +1
Sharpness 0

The biggest difference is the Brightness and Color needed to be reduced with a slight adjustment in Tint.

These calibrations are using Avia. I ordered DVE since Avia doesn't have a pattern for BTB and will recalibrate to see if there is any difference. Each display is different so your results may be a lot different than mine.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
To answer your question about adjustments, those are the only ones you can make. There are adjustments a professional calibrator could make (i.e in the service menu) but none that I would want to attempt to make. Also, keep in mind that each input has their own settings so you will need to make adjustments to each one. The calibration using DVE should give you a good baseline for the other inputs but you may need to tweak them slightly depending on how it looks.

Douglas
Unregistered guest
Joel,

Are you using 3 component cables? Perhaps the connection for red is loose.

Post Number: 3
Douglas:
Thank you so much....that was it. The red composite cable had a loose connector. I have done lots of computer and electronic stuff before, but had never connected a TV with composite cables before and just never thought of this. You just saved me a lot of grief!!
Thank you to Kdog044 for the settings. The TV looks great now!
Joel
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us