Samsung HDTV Tuners

Username: Russtri

Post Number: 4
I probably am posting this in the wrong area but I was hoping you guys could help anyway. I am curious to how these work. If you hook a external antenna to them are you able to get local HDTV brodcasts? Also will they work with a direct tv dish? What type of antenna would you use and how high does it need to go. Is their a way to find out how many stations in your area actually transmit in HDTV. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks

FYI
Unregistered guest
Yes! If you hook up an off-air UHF old style antenna to an HD tuner it will pick up the local digital network broadcasts.

No! Sat signals are proprietary gig signals that require an HD Sat box and programming card.

I don't care for internal HD tuners. Only the new models like the 67 series with cablecard and the HLR series, not yet available, have internal HD tuners. All others on the market are HD ready sets with a normal NTSC off-air/cable regular tuners, not HD or digital.
I say...keep your receiver seperate from your big screen tv.
I like the Samsung SIR TS360 Direct TV HD/Terrestrial receiver. It combines all signal sources with the DTV programming on the same easy to use guide.

If you're in or near a major city you can count on all the major networks transmitting in UHF digital 720P or 1080I formats.
Here is one good link.

http://www.hdpictures.com/stations.htm

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us