Guess what? Mitsu WD-52525 Green Shadow Gone!

Username: Maynard69

Post Number: 6
I have read about many of you that have complained of this green tint "ghosting" / "shadowing" / "outlining" / overly strong green on their Mitsubishi WD-52525 or -52725 DLP televisions. When I recently received my WD-52525, I noticed the same problems. It has been driving me nuts, and I finally called a Mitsu service center to get a repair visit scheduled.

At the same time this green problem was going on, I was having the well-publicized problem of my LGDVB418 DVD player showing the audio and video out of sync (when connected to the TV with HDMI). I finally called LG on that and was told they know of the problem and that my player was one that would need to be replaced to fix the problem. The LG representative told me that any LGDVB418's made in 2004 usually have the problem, but none made in 2005 have the problem.

So I decided to just bail on the LGDVB418 for now and returned it for a Toshiba SD-5970 upconversion DVD player yesterday. I figured I would just try it out and see if the audio-video sync problem was fixed.

Yes, the audio-video sync problem was now gone. But then I also noticed something else amazing... The green shadow / ghost / over strong tint was gone also! The more I tried other DVD's, the more I realized that "green problem" went away when I stopped using the LGDVB418 DVD player! I couldn't believe it. I guess time will tell if the "green problem" comes back or not, but I will run it through many trials this weekend to see if indeed changing out my DVD player fixed this well known "green problem."

I also noticed now that when I run some of the THX calibration screens some of those images are much clearer now and better defined (especially the different shades of white).

There is one small remaining problem with my new WD-52525 and that is the tilt of the picture down more toward the lower left corner. I have read many of you had the same problem and some simple adjustments by a Mitsu technician fixed that. So I will still have Mitsu come out and do that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us