Just purchased the samsung dlp hln567w now what???

Unregistered guest
I just picked on of those sets and now what??? I am requesting help from all you experienced techies out there, of what are the best options for my TV. I had a 19 inch sony for the past 5 years and my most up to date game console is super NES, just too give you an idea of where my experience with TVs is. I need to get a DVD player, will be getting directv so i need advice on the HD tuner options and will definately be picking up a game console (probably PS2)

thanks

Unregistered guest
I have the same DLP TV - the 61", though.

I'd recommend the Samsung 931 DVD player - with the DVI connection.

I did a side by side comparison with the component video hookup with a Pioneer 563A-s and the Samsung with DVI.

It was close but the clarity (and elimination of "jaggies") - it's really quite cool to see..

It's a great DVD player for that Samsung...

Mike

loopz213
Unregistered guest
thanks for the responce....
I have too start looking into purchasing a nice DVD player now to hook up my system. Also I must go out and purchase my very first DVD...LOL

arungupta
Unregistered guest
Here is a guide on Samsung HLN:

http://www.digiupdate.com/P001_Samsung_HLN_DLP_2003.html

Unregistered guest
Samsung cuts HLN DLP prices by $500+. See:
http://www.digiupdate.com/P001_Samsung_HLN_DLP_2003.html or
http://www.digiupdate.com/105_DLP_RPTV.html#_Samsung_HLN_Series

Username: Jags

Raleigh, Nc Us

Post Number: 10
I wouldn't recommed using your dvi input for your dvd player i would recommend using it for sony's new hd sat box it looks really good. as for the dvd player there are a couple coming out soon i can get you the exact models soon that will upconvert without using dvi so you might want to hold off. and also since you have an hd tv and i don't want to start any arguments about which is better ps2 or xbox but the xbox does look outstanding on hd tv's with there hd games. just a thought if you do go ps2 make sure you get the new one with the progressive scan dvd player and ir remote built in meaning don't buy it used you will like it better in the long run. hope this helped out.

loopz213
Unregistered guest
any other words of advice from a NOVICE????

model numbers and prices (estimates would be helpfull as well...
thanks

loopz213
Unregistered guest
TYPO ...

any other words of advice for a NOVICE????

model numbers and prices (estimates would be helpfull as well...
thanks

cnik
Unregistered guest
Hello,
Need suggestions please..I bought a Sony LCD TV.. did not like the picture quality ..so now I have a samsung DVD player with DVI output connected to my TV. The picture is slightly better .. my question is, Will the Samsung DVD/DVI work better with the Samsung DLP TV than with the Sony LCD ? in that case I thought I would exchange my Sony for a Samsung.

Bronze Member
Username: Martini

Post Number: 64
how is everyone here returning all of these tvs? are you guys just getting a warrenty and returning them to the stores with that?

Because I plan on getting an HD tv sometime soon, probably a Sammy one, and I would hate to get it and not be happy with it cause something went wrong. Seems like a warrenty is a good idea.

as what Kyle said, the newer PS2 is amazing and a great DVD source. GET IT!! PS2 rocks! Xbox sucks

cwpopi
Unregistered guest
i have a dvd player but i cant put my vcr tapes in can anyone help me
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us