DIRECTV HD RECEIVER UPDATE

Bronze Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 30
Just purchased an HD satellite receiver from Directv. As most of you know, Directv phone representatives consistently state that they can not guarantee make or model of receiver. I told the representative that I only wanted a certain make and model and would specifically reject any model from Samsung. Well guess what-the technician showed up with the receiver I wanted. Don't know if this was just luck or if my insistence had something to do with it. Keep it in mind when oredering.

Bronze Member
Username: Lampright

Syracuse, Utah USA

Post Number: 97
Too bad in just a couple months your receiver will need to be upgraded...and who knows at what cost. Directv is switching it's HD to MPEG4 and your receiver can only decode MPEG2.

That sucks, huh!

I switched to Comcast from DirecTV and have an HD DVR for only $10/month instead of paying $1000 for the DirecTV HD Tivo. It's a no brainer! Plus, Tivo and Comcast just announced a partnership so we'll have Tivo's in 2006 integrated with Comcast....that is going to be so awesome!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
Good for you. You are obviously one of those depraved individuals who gains pleasure at the expense of others. In any event, Directv has never charged me a penny for any upgrade. I've been a customer for over 10 years. I'm delighted that you are satisfied with Comcast and wish you no ill will. Obviously, you are not man enough to wish the same for others. I've seen any number of your derisive and condescending posts. Too bad. Like every human being, in your early life, you once had the opportunity to become decent. You didn't make it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
Oh by the way, Mr. Lampright, Comcast is not available in all areas of the country. I guess some of us will just have to put up with your insufferable bragging until it is.

Silver Member
Username: Lampright

Syracuse, Utah USA

Post Number: 103
Now that I re-read my post, it does sound pretty negative, sorry about that. I really didn't mean for it to sound so bad. I was in a big hurry when I wrote it.
I'm sure DirecTV will offer you a good upgrade path..probably free for the non-tivo version. I doubt they would upset a loyal customer by doing anything different.
Hey, when you do get your upgrade offer, be sure to post what it is on the forum for others to know.
Again, sorry about the negative post.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
Apology accepted. It is possible that my judgment regarding your lack of humanity was in error.

Eban
Unregistered guest
aaaaaaawwwwwwwwwww..........can we have a group hug.........I feel all the love in this place.........kubaya my lord, kumbaya

Unregistered guest
I just purchased an HD RX from Directv (H 10). The UHF remote has gone Tango Uniform and must be reset to IR and then back again to UHF. Anyone else have a similar problem and know a fix?

Silver Member

Post Number: 461
If you "just purchased", why fool with it? Get Directv to repair or replace. Make them earn their money. Lord knows they have more than enough to go round.

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 673
We have comcast here for my internet access, but I wont let them touch my TV. I used to have cable TV, but not for about 5 years, and Im never looking back.

If my cable connection wasnt so darned fast, I'd dump them in a minute too.

As it stands now, I'll keep that connection.

Heh
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us