How to Copy VHS Tape to Computer issue.

Username: Stubabe

Post Number: 1
Hi.
I have hooked up my VCR to my MiniDV camcorder.
The MiniDV Camcorder is connected via Firewire to my Computer.
I can record normal tapes to my computer but can't play to convert my old bought movies to Digital to format them in DVD. As I have already bought these movies I want to convert them to DVD as VCR's are going. However I get a message after a few minutes of recorderding that the movie can't be dubbed on the MiniDV camcorder. How do I get around this?

Unregistered guest
check if ur mini dv camcorder is allowing u to preview the played video on ur minidv camcorder lcd which u r playing via vcr. if u see that then u should capture the video on ur conputer and if u dont check the input line switch on ur minidv camcorder, and make sure while doing this ur minidv deck should be empty.ur minidv camcorder will only act as a dv converter box .thats all.

Username: Waltjones40

Lewes, DE USA

I'm having problems copying my VHS tapes to my PC for burning DVDs. The gain is excessive and there is an echo on the audio that is horrible. I've reset the line in volume on my PC. I'm using a Phillips TV capture card and a Sanyo VWM-900 VHS recorder using the RCA jacks.

Username: Lrod

I'm copying a tape to my computer using a composite plug to s-video. This particular tape gives a white space covering most of the picture so I can't see what I'm taping. Anyone had this problem and able to resolve it?

Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us