Cant record tapes on Dish Network

Username: Bwright

Post Number: 1
I have a Sony HD TV, Dish Network HD box, and a Sanyo VCR. Well I hooked up the VCR to the box and I can watch the tapes on my Dish Network Guide, but I cannot record the shows at all. I have the Dish HD Box connected in Video 5 on the back of the tv (it has to be in that for HD). There isnt room to also connect the VCR to video 5, so what can I do to record programs?

Unregistered guest
HAVE SAME PROBLEM..SONY 51" HDTV, DISH NETWORK HD REC, AND TOSHIBA VCR. HAVE SPENT COUNTLESS HOURS AS WELL AS HALF HOUR WITH TECH SUPPORT AT DISH NETWORK(VERY FRIENDLY, JUST COULD NOT GET IT TO WORK). CAN WATCH PRE RECORDED TAPES OK...SAME HOOK-UP AS YOU, VIDEO 5 CONN..ECT. I am familliar with the old school of audio video connections AND HAVE HOOKED UP MANY SETUPS. PERHAPS I AM MISSING SOMETHING HERE, EXCEPT WHEN I RAN VIDEO AND AUDIO OUT CABLES FROM SAT RECIEVER TO AUDIO AND VIDEO IN CABLES ON VCR, THEN RECORDED, THEN DISCONNECTED VCR AND HOOKED IT UP TO ANOTHER TV WITHOUT SAT AND STILL SHOWED NOTHING BUT A BLUE SCREEN, I GAVE UP.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us