Magnavox problem ... help !

Unregistered guest
I have a 1994 model magnavox TV which doesnot turn off pressing its "power" button. We pull the plug to turn the TV off. And when it's on, the screen only have this message :

1. "SMART SOUND/AUTOMATIC VOLUME LEVELE4R...."
2. " HERE'S WHY THIS SHOULD BE BE YOUR NEXT TV
- EASY REMOTE CONTROL "
ET. ETC.
Then, screen display the menu options which moves at random by itsel and finally the screen display "CLOSED CAPTION , ETC. ETC.".
THIS IS REPEATED ON AND ON.

Any opinion is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Unregistered guest
I hAVE THE SAME PROBLEM LISTED AS mhayes96789 POSTED ON MONDAY, JANUARY 31ST, 2005- 04:27 AM

Larry E
Unregistered guest
Hi, your tv is in demo mode, on the front of
the set (not on the remote)push volume up
and volume down buttons at the same time, end
of problem :-) Larry E

Unregistered guest
I can't switch to cable mode on my Magnavox Model No. Pro910 X101; I do not have the original remote

bpunkyb37
Unregistered guest
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have an older Magnavox 32" TV, model# TP3273C101. It shut its self off and now I can't get it to come back on. The power light will come on and sometimes stay on but most of the time it just shuts back off. There is never a picture or sound. Help Please!

Unregistered guest
I have a new magnavox 15" lcd color tv but picture looks cloudy. How do I fix and/or get in touch with manufacturer

Unregistered guest
i can not get my magnavox to stop changing the station it is going through all of the stations and no matter what button i push nothing stops it from changing stations please help

Unregistered guest
HI i got a magnavox tv model. 20ms2331/17 for my mom who is in a nursing home in dec. it was made in sept. of 04. after 3 month's it shuts off bye itself and it takes along time but it can be turnd on. but shuts off when it feals like it. is this a known problem. if so HELP

DD
Unregistered guest
Hi, I have a couple of problems w/my Magnavox RS2749 C401 - one I see has been posted by others about the power not shutting off unless you unplug it. I have to do this to power on or off. Remote does nothing, and power button on unit hasn't worked in years.

Other problem is that it continually displays some type of codes near the bottom of screen. If I press the channel buttons or some of the menu buttons on the remote, one of the code numbers will change the channel from 2-3-4, but that's it. I have a DirectTV box connected to it so the channel must remain on 3 for the cable/satellite to work. I tried pressing all the buttons on the unit, etc. for the power issue...I'll try the suggestion posted about both volume buttons at the same time. Any idea about the codes though?

Unregistered guest
DD,

Did you find out what it was or a solution? Mine just did the same thing this week.

I have a code like C101F across the bottom of the screen and it will not turn off with the remote.

Model is a CS4742A401

Tim Jester
Unregistered guest
I can't seem to be able to turn off close captioning on my magnavox television. There is no where in the menue option to do so. Anybody know how?

susie
Unregistered guest
My husband accidently pushed the bottom button located on the front of our magnavox tv and now all we see on the the screen is VCR in the top left corner. We have no sound or picture.Can't get it off vcr.Can anyone help?

Unregistered guest
Have Magnavox 27MS345S. no remote, and the parental control lock is on, How do I turn off the parental control?

Unregistered guest
Have Magnavox 27MS345S. no remote, and the parental control lock is on, How do I turn off the parental control?

Anonymous

My Magnavox is aprox 7 years old, when it is turned on I have sound but the picture is all distorted, the horizontal is all over the place. Is this somthing that can be repaired? Thanks

Compwhiz
Unregistered guest
Can anyone help me? I have a 1993 RS-2556 magnavox that has to be unplugged to turn off. the remote does nothing.

Anonymous

I have a Magnavox 15" LCD flat screen which works fine, EXCEPT, when cycling throught channels it will seemingly at random cut off and it takes 2or 3 time pressing the on/off button to get a response, and if left alone, will cut off at random. There seems to be no set length of operation time (eg sleep timer, etc) causing this, and the owners manual isn't helpful. Anybody, please????

ddsdgfdgdhfjfg
Unregistered guest
I guess we need a magnavox technician here, I've tried to solve my problem directly with magnovox's customer support and it's obvoius to me that none of them work there...

sadfasdfgasdf
Unregistered guest
Smart....very smart, my behind.....

Username: Garyshill

Post Number: 1
I have a magnavox 32 inch tv #ms3252s. The speakers have static. Can I bypass the tv speakers or somehow replace the built in speakers?
It is very annoying. please email response.

thanks, gary

Anonymous

I just purchased a Magnavox 32" TV. I also just installed Adelphia digital cable. I cannot get my Symphonic DVD to work with my TV. I can hook it up to my stereo for sound...but when I try to hook to the TV, I get nothing. I understand how to connect the wires from the DVD to the TV, I just don't know how to set my TV to see the DVD! Help!!

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1302
You need to set it on whatever input the DVD is connected to. There should be an input or TV/auxilary button somewhere.

Unregistered guest
Dead TV Magnavox Model 4570 A103 Chassis 25T102 00CC. When attempting to turn on all you hear is a "click" followed by another "click" in about 2 to 3 seconds. Checked the obvious, fuse, electrical connections, etc. I have schematic. Can you help....

Unregistered guest
When I tried to look for a scene, I accidentally turned on the Progresive mode on my DVD. Now I cannot get it back to the normal mode. I only can hear the dialogues, no scenes can be shown. The machine says "Progresive Scan Mode." How do I cancel the progresive mode?

Unregistered guest
When am I going to get a response? Please email it to me or post it as soon as possible. I desperately need help.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1407
If you can't get to the menus and there isn't a switch on the back, you are going to have to reset the player. They all reset different. Try pushing each button on the player for about 10 seconds, if it doesn't work, contact the manufacterer.

Unregistered guest
How do I contact the manufacturer for Magnavox? Do you have the phone number of the manufacturer of the Magnavox DVD?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1409
Philips makes Magnavox. Look in the manual or go to the websight.

Unregistered guest
What's the name of the website of Philips. Give me the address. I really need it.

Unregistered guest
What's the name of the website of Philips. Give me the address. I really need it.

wmdpmd
Unregistered guest
I have a older model Magnavox Television with whats called electronic tuning.My channels only go up to 36 when I put in a number like 45 or so it just blinks the number in the number screen.I figure you have to progam number in so my question is how???????

Username: Tmsron

I have a 15" LCD Flat panel - six months old, that is now very cloudy (and looks like not all the colors are present). We had to turn the brightness all the way up to even get a picture - but the colors are different and overall picture is cloudy. Any ideas?

Anonymous

I have a Magnavox model 275102-OOEE and all the sudden it just won't turn on anymore. Thought right off to hit a reset button but there deoesn't seem to be one. Think I will open it up and look for it or a fuse. Any info would be appreciated.

Anonymous

When I turn on my TV the screen is blue with white lines and shuts down in 2 or 3 seconds. Can you tell me what is wrong?

Anonymous

Hi! I have a Magnavox TV model 27MS345S. The child parental tv control was locked. I couldn't remember the code. The tv is locked, so I am unable to get images from the screen. The TV is good, but the only thing it was locked. How can anyone help me to fix that problem?

Unregistered guest
Looks like I am not the only one having the problem with turning the t.v. off. My volume also keeps going up immediately after I plug it back in. Unfortunately, the rest of my controls for this tv has gone nuts. I have had it for several years, but if I can't control the volume and on and off...its more frustrating to watch tv than to get on the computer. Hmm..maybe we are suppose to be clueless in order to buy more t.v.s. I just want it fixed like it was. If you hear any answers and they work, please, please, let me know. I can't afford to get another t.v.. Thanks !

sexy lady
Unregistered guest
I have a 1995 magnavox (FP5230 W105 series). I have my dvd player connected to my tv. But when I try to watch a movie I do not get a picture. I can here it but I can not see it. I thought it might be the dvd player but I tried it on another tv and it worked fine. Any suggestions as to what is causing this problem?

Username: Stanaxel

my tv/vsr combihas a problem.
when i turn it on its stays for a minute and then turns off.can somebody help me with that.

Unregistered guest
Hi. I have a 1998 Philips Magnavox 25" model TS 2554 c101 tv without owners manual. I can not get the TV to show what the dvd is playing.I can not find a "tv/video" or "auxiliary channel" option. When I select "exit" from the "setup" option in wich I looked over and over to find the way, the tv just goes back to a random channel. Any help please???? Thanks.

a.t.
Unregistered guest
I have a Magnavox 27MS3404/17. It is only one year old (no warranty). It was working fine. It was on when I left home, come back no picture or sound, indicator light showing set power was on. There is no picture, only black. (no power outages or bad weather) I thought maybe it was on wrong channel (3/4)to be in sync with cable, so I tried changing the channel. I could hear the tv clicking (changing channels?) ....click, click, click, but still no picture. I could get a sound for about 1/2 second sometimes, still no picture. Any suggestions?

Unregistered guest
I have Magnavox Projection TV. Model# 55P8288A.Mfg date 8/12/02.No picture and No volume.Power switch lights up. any idea for repair cost ? Does any one has web site or Phone # for Magnavox.

Unregistered guest
I have Magnavox Projection TV. Model# 55P8288A.Mfg date 8/12/02.No picture and No volume.Power switch lights up. any idea for repair cost ? Does any one has web site or Phone # for Magnavox.

Unregistered guest
i have a 36 in magnavox tv model num ms3250c i got a x box and cant find how to get it on vidio so it will play i have it connected to the white yellow and red in back but cant find vidio or any other way to set from menu so the game will play do i need an adapter for it shouldnt it play its only 3 ys old ty

AdamK
Unregistered guest
Hey Nancy,

Go to channel 1, then keep pressing channel down on your tv or remote,

It should cycle through your video settings,

Hope it helps,

Unregistered guest
help...

we have a 15" flat screen that worked fine for the first 6 months. now, we get this electric red shadowing and outlining that overwhelms the picture. the interesting thing is, it doesn't happen on the hi def channels provided by the cable company. any remedies out there?
curt...rhode island

SherW
Unregistered guest
We have a 32" Phillips 32PT71B - after having it unplugged for about 2 months (during a remodel), it will now shut off after running for about 15 minutes. We can turn it back on (only at the tv - not w/the remote) and it will stay on for about 5 minutes. The red light at the on/off switch will flash when it turns off. After about 3 times turning it back on, it will shut off and we will have to wait about an hour to try it again - and the above starts all over again. Any ideas?

Unregistered guest
i have a magnavox RS3160 C102 - i blew the sound in both speakers. when it happened it sounded like a firework screaming into the sky. i tried newer speakers and newer wires but nothing works. both speakers are detachable from the unit. im trying to figure something out inside the tv. im looking at the motherboard and dont see any fused, any ideas?

HONDA
Unregistered guest
I HAVE A MAGNAVOX TP2781C1 TV.WHILE WATCHING TV, IT MADE A LOUD POP SOUND AND THEN THE PICTURE WENT OUT,BUT I STILL HAD SOUND,I COULD NOT TURN IT OFF WITH THE POWER BUTTON AND HAD TO UNPLUG IT TO TURN IT OFF,WHEN I TURNED IT BACK ON I HAD NEITHER PICTURE OR SOUND

Unregistered guest
please help... I have a 1993 model magnavox TV with picture in picture, smart sound, and repote finder. I do not know what has happened but I now have 75% of the screen black and on the other 25%,the outside edges, the actual picture of what ever i'm trying to watch. I seem to remember this happened once before when I bought it. I found the answer in the trouble shooting scetion of the user guide, But I can not seem to find the user guide for this tv. please help

Unregistered guest
Help! Closed Caption came on and I can not find in the menu from remote how to turn it off.

Unregistered guest
i have a 1996 magnavox with no red, yellow, or white input buttons for a dvd player. i only have a spot for the cable line. is there an adaptor i can buy or how do i fix this?

Unregistered guest
I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY 27" MAGNAVOX TV MODEL # 27MS345S ITS THAT I PRESS THE CHILDS LOCK ON AND TURN IT OFF AND KNOW I CANT TURN IT BACK ON? I DONT HAVE A REMOTE CONTORL FOR IT? THE TV SET IS ONLY ON STAND BY? WHAT DO I DO?

Unregistered guest
I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY 27" MAGNAVOX TV MODEL # 27MS345S ITS THAT I PRESS THE CHILDS LOCK ON AND TURN IT OFF AND KNOW I CANT TURN IT BACK ON? I DONT HAVE A REMOTE CONTORL FOR IT? THE TV SET IS ONLY ON STAND BY? WHAT DO I DO?

Unregistered guest
Hi i have a philips tv i think its about 7 years old or less possibly. Someone locked the remote with a password and now everysingle channel is blocked by parental control. How can changed this and i dont even have the manual. If someone can please help me ... the type of remote to the tv is NO314UD . i hope that helps .. thanks alot

Unregistered guest
Hi i have a philips tv i think its about 7 years old or less possibly. Someone locked the remote with a password and now everysingle channel is blocked by parental control. How can changed this and i dont even have the manual. If someone can please help me ... the type of remote to the tv is NO314UD . i hope that helps .. thanks alot

Username: Cind

I have a Magnavox DVD/VCR combo model #MDV560VR/17 and the buttons on the DVD player do not respond on the front of the machine. It does however work with the remote control. It has a child lock feature on this unit but I have it turned off and the buttons still do not respond on the unit itself. Does anyone know what I have to do to get them to work?

Username: Uconner

I have a 1994 model magnavox TV which doesnot turn off pressing its "power" button. We pull the plug to turn the TV off. And when it's on, the screen only have this message :

1. "SMART SOUND/AUTOMATIC VOLUME LEVELE4R...."
2. " HERE'S WHY THIS SHOULD BE BE YOUR NEXT TV
- EASY REMOTE CONTROL "
ET. ETC.
Then, screen display the menu options which moves at random by itsel and finally the screen display "CLOSED CAPTION , ETC. ETC.".
THIS IS REPEATED ON AND ON.

Any opinion is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I followed the advice up above and pushed both the on and off buttons at the same time and it worked for one minute only. Please HELP

Username: Ezrich

I have a 1996 or 1997 Magnavox 27 inch TV. I replaced the remote with a universal remote. When the universal stopped working, I replaced the batteries. When that didn't help, I bought a new universal remote. I am unable to get the new universal to work. I tried all of the magnavox codes and then tried the search process. Could it be the remote infrared or receiver on the TV is the problem? If so, how do I fix it?

Username: Jaxattack

I have a phillips magnavox 32 which shuts off after a few seconds... before it shuts off a gray screen comes on with white horizontal lines and then it shuts off? can anyone help me with this?

Username: Daisy268

I can't seem to be able to turn off close captioning on my Magnavox television. There is nowhere in the menu option to do so. I've seen this issue on the boards before but never saw an answer. Can anyone help?

Silver Member
Username: Jdsaenz1

Post Number: 113
Could you tell me what model# your magnavox is?

Username: Ashlynn1984

Lancaster, Sc USA

I have a 97 magnavov model no PR1902 C125 for about 3 mo we delt with the problem of having to plug and unplug the tv set b/c we have no remote and the on/off button wouldn't work. Well, now the stupid thing displays:
78000 204S
ERR 00000 48FC
and all we see is the snow screen. No CHANNELS AT ALL!! What the hell is this? How is it fixed and how much will it cost if we have to take it to a repair shop???

Username: Meganreads

I have a 1996 or 1997 Magnavox 27 inch tv that I cannot find a model number for. I need to get a new remote so I can shift the input/mode to DVD. The manual say 1996, the tv just says Magnavox, there is no number/letter for a serial number. It looks like this tv http://www.p4c.philips.com/na4/t/tp2576c/tp2576c_pss_aen.pdf but only says magnavox on it, not philips magnavox. Same kind of diagonal speakers on the front. 27 inches. Any suggestions? Or is there any universal remote that will allow me ot change the mode to the tv so I can use the DVD player?

Username: Timer

Hi, I have a Phillips Magnavox with the parental control lock on. No idea how it got turned on and no idea how to turn it off. Because I didn't turn it on I have no idea what the code is to allow me to watch TV or to turn it off. Also, I can't find the owners manual. Any help is appreciated.

Username: Jnecita

Eastanollee, GA USA

I have a magnavox model TS3661C1. when we were watching the picture would start to flutter and now after about a month of this happening it will shut itself off. it doesn't happen as often when watching a DVD as if you are just watching regular stations. Does anyone know what may be causing this? we have had the tv for about 4-5 years.

Username: Pman

I have a Magnavox (model # RP2748-B101) (Chasis # 27x102-00AA) I have a problem with this tv.. When watching it for about 10-15 minutes it shuts off..
Can anyone help.
Thanks Paul

Username: Bviola

Ocala, Fl USA

We have a Magnavox Tv Model # 51MP392H
When we are watching TV a big black block will come on over the show. Some times it will show codes running. Please Help
Thanks Betty

Username: Charlie1971

I have a similar question to others posted here: I have an old Magnavox PS1963C121 without a manual and can't get it into an auxiliary channel or video mode to allow me to connect a DVD player. The remote (or any of the other setup option available via remote of TV interface) has no "input" or any other option that makes sense. And the suggestion on the forum to cycle through the channels below 1 doesn't work. The DVD connection worked before; somehow it seems that the auxiliary channel (or perhaps it was channel "1") that was programmed into the TV got erased. Now, the only channel programming option is autoprogramming through setup that (1) doesn't seem to work because the TV is connected to a cable box; and (2) wouldn't include aux channels anyway. Magnavox's customer service was useless. Thanks.

Username: Hoshi13

my phillips 32pt71 is turning off only after a second. then the light on the front of my tv flashes 2 times and then i can turn it back on for the same process again. and idea how to fix this i cant afford a new one...?!?

Username: Sillypuddy

HI I HAVE A 22" SCREEN AND ITS NEWER. LIKE 2001.
WELL WHEN I TURN IT ON IT TURNS RIGHT OFF. MY MODEL # MS2730 C221 NOT SURE WHATS GOING ON. CAN ANYONE HELP ME? I OPENED IT UP AND DIDNT FIND ANY BURN MARKS IN SIDE.

Username: Queenofbob

Hopefully this one is an easy fix...

I have a Magnavox (Model no. RS2749 C401). Normally, when I would change the channel, it would display in the upper left corner, then disappear after a few seconds. However, recently it started going to a smaller font and moving to the lower left corner, and won't go away at all. It's pretty annoying. I've tried cycling through the menu options, but can't find anything that will fix it. (I have a universal remote, so all I can access are the options from the Display button on the actual unit.) Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

~Queen of Bob

Username: Queenofbob

Post Number: 2
Nevermind! I was playing with the settings, and it was the "Reminder" setting. But for the same model, does anyone know how to change the viewable area? My video game system displays past the limits, but works fine on another tv. Thanks again!

Username: Sherria

Springfield, Ohio US

I have a 1994 52" Magnovox tv and I have sound but no picture. Does anyone have any ideas what is wrong? Pleas help.

Username: Dlolo

Post Number: 2
I have a Magnavox 15" model 15MF605T that all of a sudden started flashing "Aging" across the across the screen. I can't get it to stop. Can someone please help.

Username: Peter_chastain

I have a Magnavox 27MS3404/17, and the closed captioning won't stay off; I will turn it off via the menu, but it will randomly return. Any suggestions before I trash it and buy something that works? Thanks.

-Peter
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us