VCR hook up to HDTV

Username: Dap1mp13

Post Number: 1
I have a JVC HDTV.
I have a HD cable box connected to my TV through component cables (obviously).
The problem is that I can't figure out how to hook up my VCR to this TV properly.

I have hooked up my VCR using the analog VHF/UHF wire, and also I tried using RCA composite cables.

The thing is that --I have my HD cable box and VCR connected at the same time, but in different inputs. Because of this I am not able to record any thing. I can watch my old tapes and all, but I have to keep switching inputs to watch cable and VCR.

So what I would really like to do is be able to record programs with my VCR and not have to switch inputs all the time.

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks

Anonymous

use regular RCA style switchboxes (4 channel for example) which work nicely along with component cables. They cost only about 30 dollars. With a couple of those and additional wire, you can do pretty much anything

Now if you happen to have a DVI/HDMI hookup on your JVC and cable box - you can put your hi def through that, reserving the other hookups for other uses.

you should have regular video inputs avialable too on that JVC for your VCR in

you should isolate a clean (play only) run from your cable box to your TV using RCAs and makes sure that works ok, and then add recording capability later

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us