Samsung 74 series vs. 63 series

Bronze Member
Username: Rocker43

Post Number: 19
I've had enough problems with my HLP5063 that samsung is exchanging it.....the guy called me today and is starting the paperwork. He said they would give me the exact same set unless I wanted to upgrade and pay the difference. The only set I would consider would be the 74 series because I've heard good things about the HD2+ chip. Is the picture noticably different or ??? Any feedback appreciated. I'm happy with mine when it works right, but since they are exchanging and I have the opportunity, I thought I'd ask.

Klaus
Unregistered guest
Jim:
I had a HLN467W for a couple of weeks, open box special from CC. I had the 3 lights of doom the evening I brought it home, Samsung service call which did not fix the problem. Returned it for a brand new LG 42" plasma which went back 1.5 weeks later due to poor PQ on analog channels (I since found it was the Pace HD cable box)I now have the HLP4674w since 2 weeks before Thanksgiving and have had no issues, excellent PQ even analog is on a par with a large analog set, HD and DVD are awesome. I have watched my friends 5063 and I think the blacks and contrast are better on the 74 series, and the other nice thing is that you get more picture in a smaller dimension. My armoire would not accept a 4663 but the 4674 fits perfectly. Have not seen any "clay face" as of yet, and I am discovering that you get used to the rainbows and seldom see them if you don't let them get to you. I saw them badly with the HLN set to the point of it being like nails on chalkboard.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Klaus,
Thanks for the feedback. When the guy from Samsung called today to tell me they were replacing my tv, he said I could think about it a few days, but my wife was against spending more money to upgrade, so I told the guy go ahead and start the paperwork for the same model. I think my wife is considering it now after I read your post, but it may be too late. I called them and tried to get ahold of the same guy that helped me, but that's next to impossible. They put the info in the computer that I was interested in a upgrade, so I may have a chance.

Klaus
Unregistered guest
Jim:
An aside is that my wife loves this set vs.the HLN437 that we had. The look is much cleaner and very unobtrusive. A wise man once said " a happy wife means a happy life!"

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
I got a hold of the guy today and asked how much to upgrade to the 5674, and he said $800. That sounds like too much of a difference to me, especially when I've had nothing but trouble with my HLP5063. He said he was going to talk to his boss tomorrow and see if he can do something better. They get down around $500 and I'm going for it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us