Samsung DLP & Xbox Component Set Up

Username: Dlpxboxprobs

Post Number: 2
I have a Samsung DLP 50" TV hooked up to a home theater system. It worked when I was connected to the yellow RCA jacks.

I have bought the Monster cable XBOX component cable to set up with my Samsung DLP system on "hi definition" and it's not recognizing the XBOX. It says it's "not supported." This is crazy!

It works on component 1, but not 2 o 3. My DSS will only work on component 1, so I am stuck.

I am confused and don't know what to do.

I have called Circuit City where I bought the entire system and they are of no help. They do want to charge me $150 to send someone out...but after spending the money to set it up already...it's just not right. I don't want to play on the low resolution. It should work on the high end....with a TV this price it sure should.

Anyway, can anyone help me here. I am confused/frustrated and don't know what to do!

Jimbo in Dallas
Unregistered guest
I have Xbox 5-strand Component cables going directly from the Xbox to the Component1 input jacks on the back of my Sammy DLP TV. But I use the TV speakers and don't have a home theater system in the loop. My Comcast STB is plugged directly into Component2 TV input jacks.

Everything works fine. Remember, you have to go into Xbox settings and tell it your TV will accept 480p, 720p, etc.

I'm a newbie, so what I am saying may be trivial to you. If so, sorry. Just trying to help.

Hogations
Unregistered guest
I have the regular Xbox Microsoft component HDTV pack and it works fine on my component 2 on my Samsung DLP....I'm wondering if it has something to do with the Monster Cable?

ksonic
Unregistered guest
I have that same television with the XBox hooked up to Component3. You must first go into your XBox settings and turn on support for the various HD display resolutions. Then hook-up your component cables and everything should work just fine.

It has nothing to do with the Monster Cables...

CapnJ
Unregistered guest
In most Samsung DLP models Component 1 is the only one that supports interlace and progressive scan at lower resolution and progressive at higher. I think that the additional component connections don't even include 480p but must be progressive scan and something higher at least 720, so you'll have to set your xbox accordingly. If it is not putting out a signal high enough the component inputs (2 and above) will just ignore it and not show you anything.

Zarconis
Unregistered guest
I just want to reiterate that I found that the picture was MUCH MUCH better after turning the options on, in the xbox. I have it hooked up to Component 2.

I do have a problem with too much green. I try to adjust it but it doesn't seem to work.

Any thoughts ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us