Sony KDF 60" & HDMI ?

Username: Tommypenngotti

Post Number: 1
hello....in the process of racking my brain looking 4 the right RP LCD & am wondering how important is it to have 2 HDMI inputs on new tv? I currently have directv (which will be HD soon) & I'll pick up an HDMI DVD player soon

Been eyeing the KDF 60XBR950 & the KDF55WF655

Just like all of you I want the best , least grainy /pixelated reproduction under $3-4k hopefully!...any suggestions? I'm always drawn to the Sony's...thanks :-)

Username: Waders

OKC, OK USA

Post Number: 1
Get the SONY KDF-60XS955 - that's what I'm going to get , unless something better comes along. I saw it at Best Buy and it looks as good as everyone says. You get 90% of plasma quality for 25% of the price. The only drawback is there is not a way to hook up your laptop (unless someone else knows how to ). It was definitely the best RP set out of the 30 or so they had on. I was about 12 inches away from it and still didn't see any screen door effect. I think the 70" 100 series coming out will be nicer - but not worth the extra 5000 for just 10 more inches

Post Number: 2
thanks!

after looking @ all the peripherals ie: Tivo HD DTV Tuner =$999, long range attenna- $200 , new dish - $50 , new HDMI DVD Player $$....

I've got buyers remorse already....

OKC, OK USA

Post Number: 2
Just fyi

You'll appreciate the two HDMI's on the KDF-60XS955 since you'll need them for both hd & dvd sources. Also the XS has better speakers and more of them than the WF (5 vs 3). Right now they all have their issues - there is no one perfect TV, but for the money and what it can do and will be able to do, I think this is the best for us. People talk about the herky jerky that LCD has with movement and sports - I see alot of motion blure at the movies too.... so I don't know - All I know is I can't afford the same size plasma - and it has burn in questions as well as heat and energy concerns.

Good luck
Wade

Post Number: 3
I 'm a HUGE hockey fan & I'm hearing more & more LCD is not great on that....any truth?

fast movement , image lag?

OKC, OK USA

Post Number: 3
I would suggest going to a store (Best Buy etc...) and make them put it on a Hockey game or sports and see if you can stand it. Compare it to DLP and LCOS's.... I'm also going to look at SONY's LCOS engine they have coming out - I probably can't afford it though. I think for the money (well under 4000 on line) It has one of the best presentations out there and 10 speakers vs six plus alot of other features.....

Wade

Douglas
Unregistered guest
I have the Sony KDF55WF655 and have been enjoying
it a lot, especially hi definition. I have a couple of questions that I'm hoping someone can help solve or give me advice.

How can I disable some of the unnecessary Video
inputs on the TV? I'm tired of scrolling thru video 1, video 2, etc to switch between the video 6(hi def) and C2 ( analog feed?) Also, how is it determined that "video 6" is my hi def and C2 is the one for local channels? Can these be changed from the menu or would the cables have to be plugged into different slots on TV and/or cable box?

I just want the best set up to optimize my components, which are:
Sony TV
Motorola Cable Box/DVR
Receiver/5.1 surround
DVD player
VCR

Everything works, but the PIP/twin view appears to only work on the C2 video, which isn't hi def...plus the annoyance of scrolling thru the video inputs...any help would be appreciated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us