DVR that Works with Millenium Cable and Digital Cable?

Anonymous

Is there a DVR that would work with digital cable? I think the Panasonic DMR-E85H does not work well with digital cable. Need recc. for someone whose cable provider is Millenium Cable

Username: Venik

Ny, Ny

Post Number: 5
The e85 does work with digital cable, but it seems unable to download the program guide, at least from Time/Warner in NYC.

Username: Venik

Ny, Ny

Post Number: 6
Latest news from Panasonic:
Panasonic says that Time-Warner has admitted that they have a problem with the TV Program Guide (for the DMR E85), and are working to fix it. They say it will take another week.
Of course, TW says they know nothing about it. Stay tuned!

Unregistered guest
i just bought a phillips 220. I have problems installing to my cable and vcr. Pleas let me know how to.

collazowm
Unregistered guest
i just bought a dvd recorder(phillips2200 however, i'm having trouble connecting to my cable and vcr. have any suggestions please let me know....peace.......

samroar
Unregistered guest
The Panasonic DMR-85 actually works... but it is really slow. Mine finally got the stations downloaded but no shows as yet. I have Comcast Digital cable and I use the L3 cables to grab the info. I guess you need to give it more time.

I read an article that Time Warner strips the Gemstar EPG from the feed (Gemstar sued, but the FCC sided with TW). Not sure what became of it as this was in 2001.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us