Archive through November 18, 2004

Superman
Unregistered guest
Hi again all,

PLEASE ANSWER THIS ONE!

These are "lockout busters". http://www.digitaldescrambling.com/lockout.htm

They claim to eliminate the need to reset when using hi-pass filters by mimmicing the communicating with the cable company. I was wondering if anyone has heard of these and if anyone has any experience.

Thankx

Username: Comcastblows

Post Number: 1
How many people with filters have had there dct shut down or have recieved a call from comcast trying to send someone out to fix their non-responding digital box? You probably know those filters stop the signal your box sends from getting back to the headend. There's a problem though, every night the polling system polls all boxes in the system and every box that dosn't respond to the poll goes on a list. If your box stays on the non-responder list long enough then someone has to go into your account and try to manually poll your box. When that dosn't work they'll start calling you and sending you letters trying to get you to set up an appointment, eventually they'll just disable your dct and force you to call in.

xoxox0
Unregistered guest
I just got comcast high speed internet. I don't have any cable service. I got a splitter and ran it to my tv, and I am now getting a few new channels, and great reception. I can see all the other channels, but they are very snowy, unwatchable. They don't look scrambled though, just snowy. How can I get the "standard" cable stations? I don't care about the premium stuff. I know that someone in the neighborhood with standard cable has the Motorolla DCT 2224/1662 cable box. What can I do to get the channels to show up?

Bronze Member
Username: Haney49

Post Number: 62
u are geting 2-19 or 23 thay put a filter on to cut the ch. out

xoxox0
Unregistered guest
I'm getting a random selection of channels--for example, I'm not even getting ABC. So what can I do to get the channels?

Bronze Member
Username: Dss2092

Post Number: 16
Hi Guys, I have all this stuff for sale at some great prices...just log into www.DssBliss.com

Here is a list of items !

Thanks
www.DssBliss.com

DSS REV --- 74.99
XTREEME ROM A3B --- 59.99
ATMEGA 128 + J-TAG COMBO --- 99.99
ATMEGA 128 + J-TAG + DIGILOCK COMBO --- 119.99
DSS REV & EXTREME ISO COMBO --- 129.99
ATMEGA + J-TAG + NAGLESS LOCK COMBO --- 119.99
ATMega 128 --- 44.99
AVR6 --- 34.99
TSOP 3 Chip Lock --- 19.99
TSOP 2 Chip Lock --- 19.99
J-31 JTAG & Cable --- 49.99
Universal JTAG & Cable --- 49.99
Xtreme ISO Programmer --- 59.99
TSOP Nagless Lock --- 19.99
DSSREV ISO Programmer --- 59.99
Universal Atmega 18x PLL --- 44.99
Digital Lock Auto Rest V2.0 --- 19.99
Magic Card w/Programmer --- 84.99
Quad ISO --- 59.99
Xtreme SureShot Serial --- 59.99
Xtreme SureShot USB --- 79.99
Mikobu III --- 79.99
Absolute 1 --- 59.99
T-911 --- 59.99
No 745 Wafer --- 79.99
No 745 Red Devil --- 79.99
Xtreme Red Dragon --- 59.99

janiepoo
Unregistered guest
comcast digital cable or direct satelite tv? which one should i go for ? which is cheaper in the long run?

boo boo49
Unregistered guest
directtv is bater

IneedAdvice
Unregistered guest
I plan to purchase a Supermax platinum cable box descrambler. Will it work with my comcast? I live in apartment complex and when I plug in the cable from my wall to the tv, I get 3 cable channels (mtv, and some other crap). I am currently paying comcast for cable modem. Please advise.

Thanks

BTW, I would pay for basic cable service but they are a monopoly in Jacksonville...charging $60/mo or $70/mo. for BASIC CABLE??!!! I could care digital cable for that price somewhere else.

Ant
Unregistered guest
Digital Cable Descrambler

http://www.cableboxfilters.com/

Altek
Unregistered guest
I used to work for a cable co. Digital cable technology came out before two way communication via the coaxial was available, so there is no need to have two way communication for the box to receive and display digital signal. When the cable co receives the digital boxes they input them in their inventory at their system. At that time they are loaded with software, firmware(which of course have any encryption info)and at that moment they are open and receive all channels except PPV. When you get your box they will input that box into your account but you will problably have all channels for a period of time, usually they get hit before 24 hours and then you get what u subscribed for. It has hapenned that by mistake they dont get the HIT and the box stays open until they get the HIT for some other reason, ej. not paying and reconnecting.

In the early days the configuration loaded into digital boxes by some cable co allow them to order an ammount of PPV events or movies before getting uploaded to the cable co through a telephone modem. The only way you could order a PPV event with a HPF if is the box is configured this way but still the cable co can get you, like stated before in this post.

Boxinglover
Unregistered guest
I have comcast and still have the analog box..but since they change the system..before it was side A for regular channels and side B for PPV, HBO, Showtime,etc..if I want to get HBO,etc..I have to get the digital box...is there anyway my descrambler can still work with the analog box?The analog box only takes 2 digits numbers..and the PPV, PPV , etc are a 3 number digits now..I have try but it still doesn't work...everything was fine before they change to digital.

f
Unregistered guest
_____________DEAD___________________

Anonymous

wow - a lot of people here who are close on some of it..... first - to finally answer everyones question, yes - every digital box has a digital tuner. here's where the problem is - every digital box is (much like the analog boxes were) addressable - & every box has a specific address. this is how they are able to turn on and off any single channel at any time on any box. now before you go thinking you can just bypass this much like we used to with the old jerrold & SA & ..... well, every analog box out there (different boxes take different techniques) it's not just a matter of on and off - also - not all mpeg2 streams are created equal (the mpeg2 stream that my replaytv creates comes to mind). there are other factors as well...... though the video/audio stream may not be encrypted by itself, that isn't to say that that same signal must stay on a single frequency for any given time. since the cable company transmits a pilot signal for each & every channel that carries with it the necessary data for all boxes that are currently set to recieve a given channel, all those boxes are able to decipher that data, & stay synchronized with the gear on the head end (cable co). this is just the beginning of the tip of the iceburg in some systems, & the beauty of it (well, as far as the cable company is concerned) is that they can increase security on their hardware without actually adding hardware by having it rotate frequencies at psudo-random patterns that they change up constanly. the thing is, the reason you might get a box from say - out of town, & have it not completely shut down when it's plugged into your particular area, is that not all cable companys rotate unused addressed boxes. we already know every box has a unique address, but some cable companys only deal with addresses that are on boxes they own. occasionally, they will have their head gear rotate out unused addresses (i.e. it will send a signal to all possible box addresses that are NOT box addresses of boxes they own) that tells those boxes to turn off. that takes a lot of processing time though due to the incredibly large number of possible addresses so it will usually happen off peak and/or like 6 month intervals. getting a working box from out of area and using a filter will not NOT actually directly because of the 2 way data stream... the only thing the 2 way data stream does is this: cable company sends out main data stream, with a channel saying what is available - box sends back a burp of data saying it requests being able to recieve a channel, along with its address - cable company adds to data stream authorization for that address - box recieves channel. for systems that don't require constant 2 way data, i.e. putting a filter on it to block reporting of ppv..... problem is, the box has a watchdog timer built into it that will eventually kill the box - & it's not something as simple as just generating a tone with a function generator. it is a data stream which is sent to each specific boxes address, along with appropriate data, telling the box how to behave. we had it so good for so long with analog... but with bittorrent, i can now actually download movies long before they come out on ppv - burn them to dvd+rw & watch them all i want. not as convenient as just flipping channels i know, but then again, i remember how they'd play the same movie on 2 or 3 ppv channels over & over & over until you were wanting to kill them.

AB
Unregistered guest
hey why don't u all stop whining and just buy a fta if u don;t know what it is look it up

Anonymous

To the wise people in this board.
if the black box needs 2 way comm. with the cable company.and if you request from the cable company a certain cable package that activates certain
channels. then cancel it and order another package several days later. do this several times a month with differnt package so every channel has been
activetd and re-activated many times. Now why dont somebody make a gadget that can capture what is said between the box and the cable co.
one should be able to deduce what the encription means.since we know what encryted signal means when the box activates and de-activate itself.
shouldnt one be able to figure out what encrytion the cable company uses just by monitoring what is being done in the box.

Username: Goblue69

nada...the encrypt message is constantly changing per channel..you wud need software that cud interpret the downstream

Dublatime
Unregistered guest
g britt would it be possible to change out the eeprom or intel 64MB flash chip used in the motorola dct when you ordered a ppv so it would store on a second eeprom then swithch back after the ppv was over. You would have to use a eeprom socett so they could easly be interchanged. Am i off track or is their frimware in the eeprom or is it all firmware stored in the main board. Let me know what you think.

Late

joe-blow-cableguy
Unregistered guest
wow anonymous your pretty smart @ the head end is where they encrpyt the signal right so its a local problem of decoding and i think the reason the filter's don't work is because the box has a ppv limit on it so if it is unable to contact the main server to dump it's memory after so long it shuts down whatever the dollar amount is i.e. 50.00 or 250.00 dollars. also we at the cable company watch for "non-responding boxes" because we know the deal. bt's are by far easier than stealing cable. if you want to know the truth we use boxes for testing that are "wide open" and they know when and where they are at.lot's of people try to use them at home and get busted and fired for a "free" movie vs. 3.95 on demand. good luck to all on your journey's through life //and redb3ard leave your email/// wally you crack me up in this forum///one more thing each locale encrypts their on signals so good luck buying online guys and gals

Warlord
Unregistered guest
I have Comcast Digital Internet(Very fast by the way 3.5 MB/sec downstream, 512kb/sec upstream). When the cable guy hooks you up for internet service only, wait till he leaves and go outside to the cable juction box on the outside wall and open it, somewhere inline with the cable is a small silver cyclinder with co-axial hook ups on each side of it! Samsung makes it! unscrew it and put a double sided female connector in its place, now go inside your house and install a spliter onto the end of the cable, now hook a cable to each of the 2 hook ups on the spliter, on one cable hook up the cyclinder you took off from outside, and hook another cable to the other side of it. Hook the other end of that cable to antoher spliter, and then run one last cable between the first slpiter and the second spliter, and hook the single side of the 2nd slpiter to your tv or tv tuner card! P.S> My tv gets the basic channels fine but won't pick up PPV. My AverTV tuner card picks up all channels including PPV, but PPV are in black and white for some reason, although the picture is crisp! Cheers ALL!!!

Here in a stick diagram: SP = Spliter : "*" are used to fill the blank space!

Input
|
|
|------|<<sp
|*****|_____CYCLINDER___
|**********************|
s|______________________|
p|
|
|
-
TV Hookup

One cable bypasses the cyclinder filter and the other does not! The cable company must detect the filter in order for service too work! But the bypass cable lets the signal pass while the company still detects the filter inline! hop[e this helps! Here's too Comcast free cable with broadband internet service! I am living proof it works! I am using the internet right now and watching PPV of my AverTV card at the same time!

Warlord
Unregistered guest
I have Comcast Digital Internet(Very fast by the way 3.5 MB/sec downstream, 512kb/sec upstream). When the cable guy hooks you up for internet service only, wait till he leaves and go outside to the cable juction box on the outside wall and open it, somewhere inline with the cable is a small silver cyclinder with co-axial hook ups on each side of it! Samsung makes it! unscrew it and put a double sided female connector in its place, now go inside your house and install a spliter onto the end of the cable, now hook a cable to each of the 2 hook ups on the spliter, on one cable hook up the cyclinder you took off from outside, and hook another cable to the other side of it. Hook the other end of that cable to antoher spliter, and then run one last cable between the first slpiter and the second spliter, and hook the single side of the 2nd slpiter to your tv or tv tuner card! P.S> My tv gets the basic channels fine but won't pick up PPV. My AverTV tuner card picks up all channels including PPV, but PPV are in black and white for some reason, although the picture is crisp! Cheers ALL!!!

Here in a stick diagram: SP = Spliter : "*" are used to fill the blank space!

Input
|
|
|------|<<sp
|*****|_____CYCLINDER___
|**********************************|
s|______________________|
p|
|
|
-
TV Hookup

One cable bypasses the cyclinder filter and the other does not! The cable company must detect the filter in order for service too work! But the bypass cable lets the signal pass while the company still detects the filter inline! Hope this helps! Here's too Comcast free cable with broadband internet service! I am living proof it works! I am using the internet right now and watching PPV of my AverTV card at the same time!

stinkpuff
Unregistered guest
I have comcast high speed internet access. I have split the cable coming into my home; one line going to the modem and another going straight into my cable ready tv. I receive all local channels. All the basic cable channels are scrambled. If I get an analog box can i just watch basic cable? Analog is available in my area. And could the cable company be able to check if im using this analog box? Do analog boxes send a signal or anything that the cable company monitors? Whats the basics of analog?

phillykid
Unregistered guest
This message is for Cable Guy or anyone that has some experience with this issue.

Does Comcast send a bullet that disables your box PLUS shuts down your cable, so that you have to call them?

I know someone that has a black box, and they had their box disabled, and their cable also needed to be reconnected. This happened in 2 different towns, to the same box.

And each time the box was disabled, they also had no cable service at all and a tech had to come out.

I told him not to call because I think they know by whoevers cable goes out that they have a "black box"

Is this true or do they not have the technology.

Thanks for the advice...I want to keep my buddy from gettng in hot water.

DEENICE.1
Unregistered guest
Is it true that comcast puts a filter inside the telephone box outside my house if i open the box and remove filter then i get more channles can anybody confirm this

Dennis Yo
Unregistered guest
agfafgg

Username: Hsitech

Post Number: 2
Okay I read some of all these post, but not all.. to much BS. I worked for comcast. I was an HSI Tech (hence my name) I have a ton of the filters used to make a digital cable box get 'all the channels' wait a second, this is NOT TRUE what is true is pay per view DOES not work. Neither does the menu everything says 'to be announce' all this filter is is what we called an HSI only filter. We put them on the lines to stop you from getting basic channels you put the filter on a box that has not been every hooked up to cable or has been reset some how by comcast (they only hook the box to power and some special coaxle cable, I tried for the longest time to learn how you could do it some other way. The filter blocks a signal from being sent back to comcast. Right this very moment I am watching some show on showtime (i have the show times in spanish and all them other languages (i hate it) If someone somehow knows how I can get a box reset. I have about 15 of them. I have filters for them all. If i can reset them back to the settings it have when I bring a box into someones house You can get all the channels. What I did was took the income cable split it and took the Svideo output to my tv, what this does is when i turn on the svideo source i get digital when i go to anolog i g et all the basic tv stations (approxmently 75 channels 2- 98) I also figured out how to 'take cable internet' for free, but that only lasted for 2 weeks and just stopped working one day. Have not tried it since, btw the dct i am using right now is a motorola DCT2524 its a smaller more compact DCT and has a fiber optics output and at least 1 usb port and i think a ethernet port. ive never hooked anything up to anything on this box but the composit and coaxle, very view customers had s video cables to install the boxs on, and i do know what a few of the error codes mean (btw i was a contractor i didnt work FOR comcast... www.occom.com is who I worked for they are a contracting company. oh and on the other boxes NONE of them are this new box.

Post Number: 4
PS climbing telephone polls is easy. Try doing it in the mountains with fire and smoke from a forest fire and having helicopters and air planes dumping water on you.

Around this area (sacramento area) channel 144 is cable internet. filters go on peoples lines with just internet, lines go onto basic cable (so even if you had a analog discrampler that would give you 2 pay per view channels that suck, you still have to get that filter off, theres a filter to keep pay per view from being ordered. and its nearly 4am so i better get to bed

Post Number: 5
Cleric, comcast in this area has an NFL packager thingg that started this year... okay now i am off to bed

DEENICE.1
Unregistered guest
cABLE INTERNET FOR FREE THATS YOU HAVE TO FIND A PERSON WHO CAN FISH FOR A NUMBER INSIDE COMCAST DATA BASE MY FRIENDS HAVE IT FOR SALE 400.00 MY QUESTION IF I HAVE PHONE WITH COMCAST WILL THEY TAKE THE FILTER FROM THE POLE AND BRING IT DOWN NEAR MY HOUSE.

Post Number: 6
yes there is a filter put on for internety only, if you remove the filter you will get more channelsbut if your removing it, you may as well get a splitter and put your cable internet into a 2 way splitter then with a small pig tell take the second side of the 2 way and go to your next splitter then hook all the rooms up and put the filter in a safe spot and when you need comcast to come back out put it back on. but in most cases calbe installers do not put the filter in the house box, thats a failed install around here, the filter is up the poll or in the pedistal or bullet /vault at the street and in some cases its in the p9 does your house power meter face your neighboors power metter? if so (and your utilities are under ground) theres a small frizbee size box in the ground called a P9 the side box goes from the house to the P9 to the pedistal or vault, the pedistal takes usually a special key to open it, often are not closed and what i did (steal toe boots) was walked up kicked it and it open up or id have to use my tool to open it the ones that are flush in the ground just lift open the cover, pull out the transparent and black bullet. open it up by unscrewing the bolt, using a deep socket and a long extension, i tjhink its 9/16 i kind of forget. grab the latch and pop it open (watch for black widows in the box, bot the bullet and slugs) with that warning, when climbing telephone polls watch for some poles have the high voltage right near the cable, and the phone box (first one up the poll) the junktion boxes usually have hornets nest around here, be careful, if your climbing the poll with out a climbing belt and arnt a profeshional and have hornets attack you, your family just may have you removed in a body bag. i cant tell you how many times ive gotten stunng (i have a can of wasp spray with my climbing belt)

Post Number: 7
I wouldnt pay anyone for cable internet for free, $400? you can get internet legally for 16 months for that price, and not risk going to jail or paying a huge fine. and to me $400 is really cheap to lose your job if getting caught. and if you asked a cable company to put the filter at your house, they probable will and put you in for an audit and with a reason why the audit is sceduled, they will come out 1-2 weeks later and send you a bill in the mail or show up with the police to remove there equipment from your house. best thing to do is get a digital box, pay for basic (i mean get your hands on boxes like i have that comcast has no idea you have because you bought them at a flea market or garage sale (not where i got mine from) get the box somehow reset (thats why i came here to learn how to just reset the box to before its been 'hit') and pop that filter in along with a few drops of jb weld so you can never remove it again and get all the preimum channels minus the payper view. my box has been working for about 4 months now. the only thing i dislike is the menus are all to be announced. i was hoping with the ethernet or usb ports i could manually get that working, but its not a big deal, ive been also slowly deleting all the none english channels (i have hbo showtime etc in spanish and other languages too)

jojo49
Unregistered guest
how did you reset your box? not telling

jojo49
Unregistered guest
not telling, i for got i am geting basic cable on the digital cable box and i can order pay per view with remote and i have a fiber on it. how did you reset your box to where i can get preimum channels?

Post Number: 8
I didnt, You see... I was an installer and this guy stole one of my DCT's and they took $500 from my paycheck, I knew who did it, This guy was always giving me an attitude and looking at me funny (asain and i'm white) and I had no proof... and i started watching him he sat down his boxes in his truck and took off, i happen to see his truck on the side of the road somewhere, i stopped looked for a bit (down the street, he came out to his truck went into the house i drove up took every box and took off the same guy also took one of my tool belts i just bought at work. they dont have servalence cameras but two days later he had my belt. i guess the 5 other DCT's i have either are bad boxes (its happen, ive gotten 23 boxs for a day and every one was bad) or they where customer pick ups. there for they already been hit with what they had ordered or the box was hit for non payment of bill.

jojo49: what is a fiber? you mean filter? if you have a filter on a box comcast knows you have (they have a number) then if you have the only filter i am aware of working it should keep you from ordering payper view. it blocks the box from sending a signal back to the cable co. and as far as resetting your box, no idea thats why i came here. I have 4 I want to do this to.

jojo49
Unregistered guest
yes i mean filter, lol yes i am ordering payper view on it. thank you

dd
Unregistered guest
So.. is it possible to unlock all the channels with comcast digital cable?

Post Number: 9
i dont believe jojo49 is ordering payper view with comcast and a filter on his box, its impossible at least around here it is, and dd you need a box that doesnt belong to anyone to do so...

jojo49
Unregistered guest
if i just had a way to get the preimum channels, i would be doing good, becouse i can do the payper view with the remote.

wolfe
Unregistered guest
i have a jerrold impulse cft 2024 and it gets pay channels but no pay per view. i live in new haven conn. and we have comcast cable. what can i get to upgrade my box for ppv and if not what box would you recommend for getting ppv?

Anonymous

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0DIZ/is_37_15/ai_108538977/pg_2

Anonymous

I have Comcast Digital. I keep seeing this Cheap Filter that is supposed to get PPV channels for free once it is installed. Is that True or False?

Post Number: 10
i dont believe its true, when you order pay per view your box sends a signal saying hey this is GI4308NE0381 I want this movie, comcast looks up the customers account sees your bill isnt to high and that you've been paying your bill, grants the request and allows that box to get this channel. filters block your box from doing this, which keeps comcast from hitting the box to prevent it from working totally.. and all boxes when a tech has them to install are open to get EVERY channel BUT PPV. and with in a few days if not hours the box gets hit with what you've ordered. as an installer when we are out to late we bring the boxes into our homes because they are signed out to us. if we lose the box we pay $500 a box.. and most my friends always have a filter we pop on the box and watch some hbo movies, in the morning we disconnect and check them back in. and when we turn our paper work in, its got the box id we installed or picked up and traded with another box, comcast knows which box you have of theres and if it doesnt respond when they hit they put a trouble ticket out, someone then manually tries to hit it a few times each day for a few days, and when they cant they send someone to find out how, so theres no talking an installer like ive had hundreds of people try and do, to put a filter on for you. because with in a week we would get busted and fired. the trick is to get a box comcast doesnt know you have and hasnt been hit with the channels your suppost to get. i have 4 boxes id sell, but they dont work. i need to learn how to reset them 'un hit them' and then youd get every channel BUT PPV... its physically imposable unless you hack into comcast system on the head side (at comcast where all the RG-56/11/6/ connects to the 'tap' and where the 500 goes (the big thick wires up on the telephone polls or running down the street under ground, into comcast hub at the broadcasting end) Monday I'll probable have 20 DCT's in the cab of my truck and i have filters for every one of the boxes (i think i have about 600 of the filters) I have all the security keys for a 40 mile radius, i have all the system keys i have crimpers, strippers, signal meter, tone generator, approxmently $10K in cable tv tools, and I have NO way at all of getting PPV with out paying for each order. and I cant even do that because my box's address is not in comcast system and id have to remove the filter, and as soon as i do that with in 24 hours my box would be dead like the other 4. DONT GET SCAMED and if you do tell me so so i may point laught and say told you so

Anonymous

What about Sites like this:
http://www.digitalfilters.bizland.com/ and this:
http://www.searchbug.com/related.aspx/digital-cable-descrambler

Why do they claim that they work? I had a Box (analog), for years (Scientific atlanta), and it worked..., i.e., getting Pay perview channels. Also, had a TV86 Box, and that worked (until I lost the Remote with the A/B switch on it). I thought that there were solutions to Digital Cable as well. The sites claim that you can always buy a box from another company.

Are there any Digital Descamblers out there that work? And if so, what are they? Has ANYONE bought or used one, and it worked? For Digital Comcast Cable?

Dread
Unregistered guest
I been getting Cable for free for about 5 year's, and now they been sending little glitches in my line, i don't pay for Cable
and the boxes i use work ok just turn blue, sometime, how can i stop this from happening!

And can i get high speed inter from my line that I have as well.

P.S The boxes I have r the Media Thec 2200 (N) the Clear Veiw Pro.

wolfe
Unregistered guest
o.k NOT TELLING what the hell was that novel about, i asked a simple question? with a jerrold impulse box for comcast cable is there any filter or whatever i can buy to get ppv on this box, it is not a digital box. i used to get ppv and all the pay channels but now i cant get ppv, anybody with some know how on this i would greatly appreciate it.

Username: Brick

Post Number: 8
wolfe, if comcast switched to digital like they have in most places there is nothing you can get for and analog cable box. There isnt anything for a didgital box at this time. Ok yes the filter but i would not use it to many problems.

Brick+

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
theres no fu$^ing filter that will allowm you to get ppv, BOTTOM LINE NO SUCK THING it is IMPOSSIBLE. You'd have better luck knocking over a bank. If these filters do work then I will sell you as many as you want for $4 each and $4 shipping I'll priority mail them. If you want a picture I'll email you pictures of them.

beauzeau
Unregistered guest
In response to NOT TELLING's comments "the trick is to get a box comcast doesnt know you have and hasnt been hit with the channels your suppost to get."

I have long wondered, hypothetically if one were to purchase a comcast digital cable dct**** on Ebay which listing says "was previously used on a Comcast network", subsequently you swap out your current DCT**** and replace with the EBAY bought DCT*** would you now get the full complement of ALL digital cable (including premium channels BUT EXCLUDING PPV)

Personally, I could care less about the PPV it is the upgraded premium channles that I wonder about.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
if it was hooked up to an account that was not hit, if was hooked up to an account that had all the channels before, so if they only had one of the basic stations you arnt gonna get hbo and all that... my box that i got from a comcast warehouse gets everything but payper view the only way you could be sure is the guy has to hook up the box to cable with the filter to see what channels it gets, then sell it but youd have to be a crack head to sell your DCT that comcast gave you, they only charge like $500 for not giving back your box, even if its stolen and you have a police report

beauzeau
Unregistered guest
NOT TELLING THANKS. Please allow me to impinge upon you one last time. I own a HD TV, a friend of mine says he came across a DCT 6200, however he tells me it was not used on a COMCAST cable system, would there be compatability problems if I swapped out my current DCT 6200 and replaced it with the other non COMCAST 6200, if so can I overcome the problem, if not will I enjoy full Comcast programming less the PPV...Thanks in advance

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
hook the filter up to it and try it, it wont hurt anything. but when we say a box is hit, that means the box's bios/memory has been programmed to get the channels it should get. the best thing you could do and i would do if you have an HDTV is call up and ask for another DCT, its like $5 a month more pay for the basic service then the DCT will tell you all the channels whats on etc, and then use the DCT you got from your friend to watch everything you arnt paying for and if you want to order a movie, then the comcast dct you are renting for $5 a month is the one you order on

Dread
Unregistered guest
Sounds fishy

soonest
Unregistered guest
No

jojo49
Unregistered guest
the boxs here are $10 a month rent.

Unregistered guest
we lost our premium channels likes espn and the other alike. now we are left with the basic cable tv channels. is there anyway of getting the cable again for free without upgrading out accont? im not even sure if we have digital or analog. by the way, we have comcast and i can still see the other channels but they are scrambled. please enlighten me on what to do

Unregistered guest
OK I work for Comcast in South Carolina. I am a level 4 tech and here is what I know for a FACT about cable.

Systems are different EVERYWHERE. Even in the same city you can have more than one system (due to more than one head in). This can be determined (as far as digital is concerned) by the box's SERIAL NUMBER. I seen mentioned earlier someone talking about digi boxes with GI serials. I work with 4 different systems in my area. 3 of which use GI boxes, DTC's and the like are on this system. ONE of the GI serialed systems uses NO TRAPS or FILTERS WHATSOEVER. If you are plugged directly into the tap (at the pole or ped) you recieve basic analog cable. If you want any premium service period you HAVE to have a box of some kind. EXAMPLE: You have basic cable but want HBO, you must have an addressable converter to recieve HBO or upgrade to digi (still need converter). If you have LIMITED BASIC (22 channels I believe) or LIMITED VALUE (local stations only) they issue a special converter that has those channels preprogrammed into the box. Trying to go to a channel you arent supposed to get displays a blank screen or the channel guide. WORKAROUND: in systems which use no TRAPS or FILTERS and you are subscribing to LIMITED BASIC or LIMITED VALUE, REMOVE the box and plug directly into your TV, now you have full basic cable (in this system its channels 2-55) ALso no VIDEO TRAPS are used so if you are INTERNET only in this system just split to a TV and boom basic cable for you.

The 2nd system I work in also uses GI serialed boxes BUT TRAPS, NOT FILTERS are used. If you susbscribe to digital cable NO TRAPS are used, LIMITED BASIC and LIMITED VALUE customers have what is called an RF SWITCH placed at the pole (if only one TV, or at the HOUSEBOX for more than 1 TV since the RF SWITCH DOES NOT work through a splitter) The RF SWITCH traps all channels NOT programmed in the box. WORKAROUND: If you are in a system which uses RF SWITCHWS you will know since either in your HOUSEBOX or on the pole (or ped) will be a 3 1/2 inch long silver cylinder witrh a chrome sticker with black lettering that says RF SWITCH on it. Remove this trap to recieve basic cable (also unhook your box and go straight to tv) DOWNSIDE: these systems MUST have the converter hooked up to recieve ANY PREMIUM CHANNEL i.e. HBO, SHO, MAX, TMC, PPV, etc.

The 3rd system I work in ALSO uses GI serialed boxes and uses POSITIVE TRAPS and TIER TRAPS. These traps are installed to GIVE YOU the pay channel you want i.e. HBO, SHO. MAX, etc EXCEPT PPV. You must have a converter of some kind to get PPV. In this particular system HBO is identified on the trap by its lettering at the bottom of the trap. EMD-H GIVES you SHO, EMD-A GIVES you MAX and EMD-G is HBO, EMD-B is TMC there are also POSITIVE TRAPS for adult chans as well. RF SWITCHES are NOT USED in this system, It uses LIFELINE TRAPS (for tierd services such as expanded basic etc) to give the user only LIMITED SERVICE The LIFELINE trap can be identified by its markings at the bottom of the trap it will say LIFELINE on it.

The 4th system I work in (the largest in my area) uses RF SWITCHES, VIDEO TRAPS, and NEGATIVE TRAPS ONLY. COnverter boxes are needed ONLY if you want SHO, MAX, TMC, PPV, and digi service. Notice I didnt say HBO. Thats because in this system HBO is on a lower chan so a trap must be used - ETN-D will TRAP HBO (called a D trap). VIDEO TRAPS are used for INTERNET only customers and will block EVERY and ALL VIDEO signal it will ONLY transmit channel 80 (the digi signal for internet in this system) it can be identified by its marking, it will say ETN-10MM or just 10MM depending on the age of the trap. Basic cable in this system is chans 2-78,72,76,92,99 ANYTHING higher is digital and REQUIRES a digi converter of somekind. Digi boxes in this system are serialed beginning with SA

The tagging method for ALL 4 systems i work in is the same. GREEN tags for disconnected customers, ORANGE tags for active customers (regardless of the type of service) and YELLOW tags for INTERNET customers. If the customer is INTERNET only then only a yellow tag will be present not an orange. ALSO NOTE most of the installers ARE LAZY BUMS and will forget or if the customer is some hot milf, will FORGET to put on traps, forget to correctly tag and or add positive traps (in systems that use it) Usually this is on purpose, obviously (for the MILFS) or if the installer is younger and goes to hook up cable for a customer who is also younger. EXAMPLE: I work alot in a college area where I hook up cable for a lot of college students, and this particular college is dominated by females so naturally to get a number to to get laid after work you hook the hottie up withsome service that she isnt supposed to get or if its guys and they offer beer installers will also hook you up. If your a richard cranium to your installer you can trust he will do things the way he is supposed to do them.

In the first 3 systems I talked about the digi boxes are preprogrammed to get nothing but basic cable until the installer calls the serial in to dispatch who will in turn send a hit to the box to re program it to get the chans the customer subscribed to. In the last system I talked about is the exact opposite, the boxes are preprogrammed to get ALL CHANNELS except PPV until the box serial is called in which will then re program to deactivate the chans they do not subscribe to. SO the installers have a nice perk to take boxes home in the 4th system cause they can take a box off their truck home, hook it up and have all chans except PPV. (were not supposed to of course)

Internet in all 4 systems works the same. You must use the install cd or dl from the internal net when you hook the modem up and supply the account information before it will release you into the internet. this is done in 3 steps, 1st, you must call dispatch and give them the modem serial AND mac address BEFORE you hhok it up so the serial can be added to the account, 2nd after installing the cd it will perform a modem validation to make sure that modem is binded to an account, 3rd you must enter the account number and it must match the account number the modem is binded to or else you will be stuck at a "Account Info Not Found" screen forever. There is NO workaround for internet in any of my 4 systems. (this is called provisioning) Customers may own their own modem and the 4th system uses ONLY Scientific Atlanic boxes the other 3 use Motorolla and Jerrolds.

The 4th system has Digital, HD DVR and Phone service but only in certain NODES. The other 3 only offer digi service.

OTHER FACTS

INTERNET will NOT work through an RF SWITCH period. It blocks the internet channel (72 in system 1, 75 in systems 2 and 3 and 80 in system 4)

It is impossible to get a video signal through a VIDEO TRAP.

If you are in a system similar to system 4 above and have a digi box and have one trap on your pole, ped or house box then its a D-TRAP and is there to block HBO in the event you downgrade from digi to basic. the D_TRAP means nothing since the digi box can see past it since HBO is on a higher channel on digi versus basic (here HBO is 17 on basic and chans 301-312 on digi) They put it on 'just in case' you downgrade.

WORKAROUNDS:
If you are disconnected and notice they unplugged you from your house box (some houses dont have house boxes installed, the splitter and ground blocks are visible) and you see a silver thing on the ground block or on your splitter ports this is easy to defeat without a special tool. This device looks like an extender has a threaded end (the purpose is to keep you from getting cable and at the same time preserve the life of the connecter) unscrew the line from the terminater (its name) This device works like a "spinner" wheel the outside freely spins will the inside stays screwed to the groundblock or splitter ports until a special tool is inserted to make them spin together at the same time. Take a pair of needle nose pliers and stick one of the probes into the terminater and clamp it good and tight. Now twist to the LEFT and PULL at the same time. do this for about a turn or so, then you should be able to spin it off the rest of the way by hand. Then plug yourself back in.

If you have a house box, its not illegeal to open it. More than likely they will disconnect you at the house box if there is one cause its easier to do than climbing the pole and saves the installer about 15 per job especially if he knows he can lock your housebox up. Most houseboxes are locked 1 of 3 ways. With the terminater I was just talking about or with a tiestrap or not at all.

Climbing the pole however is illegeal and trust me tap audits are done VERY OFTEN especially after some kind of transaction has taken place i.e. if you get reconnected, disconnected, added or removed anything or had any servcie calls, there will be an audit of it by a QC team probably within a few days of the installer or service tech coming to your house so if you plan on recoonnecting yourself or removing or adding traps or splitting off a neighbor wait a few days b4 you do.

If you are in an apartment complex your box is located on the side or back of your building and its green or beige and can be of several different styles and have 1 of 3 different types of locks. if these boxes are locked the tools required to open them will run you about 85 to 200 depending on the tool. red ped key, black star key and medco vending machine style key (both star type and regular key)

ADVICE:
Be very friendly to your cable guy, offer him a beer or if your a girl offer him something else and youll be amazed at what he can hook you up with.

If ppl are interested I can provide pics of lockboxes, peds and pole taps and pics of traps that we use in the systems i work in.

NEAT TRICKS & INFO:
on Scientific Atlantic boxes if you hold the middle button between the vol and chan buttons on the box until the email light comes on then hit the info key you can get a nice config menu where you cansee some interesting info about the box and the node your on. use the vol +, - keys on the box to navigate theough the 14 different screens.

Explorer 8000HD DVR boxes have a maxtor 80 GB hd in them, not a 160 like they probably told you.

Any questions ask and I can probably answer. If I dont know the answer I can surley find out as I am friends with people at Comcast higher up on the totem pole than me like maint techs, service techs and office ppl.

Anonymous

Please let me know, the final take, can we have digital descrambler on the digital cable or will the cable guys will find out that we have a digital descrambler.

Thanks.

Comcast Tech
Unregistered guest
Yes they can find out. As soon as you hook up the box, it searches for an ip address from the node then the head in looks up the boxes serial number if it doesnt match or one isnt found then the box is sent a kill hit and it will render your box useless on that particular cable system. In the system I work in any box, digi reg converter or otherwise must match the serial on file at the head in or the box will get killed.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
but if you put an hsi only filter on the box, then it cant be killed.

in this area purple tags go on anyone that has hsi (high speed internet) yellow tag on basic, green on digital and red on disconnected and it its a red with the rg6 cut off it was a none pay disconnect

beauzeau
Unregistered guest
Pardon my ignorance, but what is and where does one find an hsi filter to put on the box. Even so doesn't Comacast intermittenly poll the boxes and provide upgrades? What are the implications if one is using an hsi filter on a non recognized serial # Comcast box.

JoMama
Unregistered guest
Wow what a read.
Here is a question though.
I have digital cable. I am renting the cable from Comcast. If I buy another digital cable box and install the filter that makes the box not communicate with Comcast, and hook this up in another room, will I be able to get all the premium channels. This is assuming that the box I buy has not been "hit" by comcast yet.
This way my box thats registered will still communicate with Comcast to keep the signal coming, and my second box will just read the full signal.
Make sense?

cable thief
Unregistered guest
<<<<<<<
Yes they can find out. As soon as you hook up the box, it searches for an ip address from the node then the head in looks up the boxes serial number if it doesnt match or one isnt found then the box is sent a kill hit and it will render your box useless on that particular cable system.
>>>>>>

so comcast tech, if iput put one of those ebay filter on, my dct should be ok? my rental tenant left me with a motorola dct2244. it's got most of the channels plus a few premiums. i don't order ppv anyway. so am i safe?

Cable CEO
Unregistered guest
I have never laughed so hard at so many fools, You really think you are close or are going to buy some black box, those days are over! And for the so called Janitors (cable installers, Etc. of our industry) You fools are about to get your balls knocked down your throats. We know all about the boys and girls who work for us who take home some toys and get some channels thinking they are so smart. Please...... stop acting like you are geniuses. Our next phase of digital will blow your minds! SO.........

Like I have said before!

"WE WILL NEVER BE BEATEN AGAIN NOW WE OWN YOU!"

Cable CEO

jojo49
Unregistered guest
the ones that work for cable co. get free cable and box with premium channels and the ppv at cost

Unregistered guest
Cable CEO -

shut the hell up.. you have no idea about what people not in your industry can do.. who the hell even knows if you are a "cable ceo".. time and time again have i seen posts from people with usernames that seem like they are high ranking, but more often than not, you're just some freaking 12 year old trying to get a rise out of people..

a) digital cable will never "blow my mind" (good CEO talk there.. really makes me think you are who you say you are)

b) you dont own me.. you never will.. and you never have..

c) it's a proven fact that no system is unbreakable.. give it time.. that's all we need.. why dont you just sit back and watch your money fall through your hands..

if you are a cable CEO that is.., which i highly doubt because of the way you talk and present yourself.. no self-respecting CEO would come off acting and sounding like a jackass..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Glade someone else said that, I really doubt a cable ceo would use the fraise 'own you' sounds more like a wanna be hacker or a software pirater, If you are a cable CEO then your cable co probable only has 6 channels and doesnt even offer its 10 customers digital cable.

Cable CEO
Unregistered guest
I feel good knowing you dummies are losing sleep trying to get your big PPV events. You scumbags (radigan, Not Telling and your kind) were costing us more than $6.5 billion in lost revenues each year. Before we locked you thieves out, so go rob someone else you snivelling little cowards. The only people who care who I am are my employees. Since you don't like me talking about blowing your minds with our next phase of digital. Just read below because I can admit we were beaten up bad but now you are no more than a bag of hot air who will be here for years talking about how you can't get your PPV's. While I am Laughing all the way to the bank.

"WE WILL NEVER BE BEATEN AGAIN NOW WE OWN YOU!"

Cable CEO

comcast CEO
Unregistered guest
i get ppv for free

comcast CEO
Unregistered guest
oh i forgot, cable CEO you are paying for it for me.. lol

Anonymous

I have a GI dct2224. I have High speed internet through charter pipeline. If i hook it up should I recieve HBO, showtime, etc.??? I get the channels 1-78 already without a box.

Username: Comcast_idiot

Analog question: Where would I find the ped or the pole of my analog Comcast cable?

Anonymous

I have charter digital and high speed internet. My modem died and I bought another one but I lost ALL my speed.(went from 3meg to about 54kbit). How the hell do I fix this?

Anonymous

I have charter digital and high speed internet. My modem died and I bought another one but I lost ALL my speed.(went from 3meg to about 54kbit). How the hell do I fix this?

jojo49
Unregistered guest
call the cable co.

Donc
Unregistered guest
anything work here?

sammyde
Unregistered guest
Seems not

Anonymous

ok..I am really cable dumb..I have a digital cable box left here..I plugged it in..it lights up..but not channles come up..Is there away around this..Its a Comcast box..scientific atlanta explorer 2000..I have a different cable co. now..BTW I removed a terminator to get cable at my house..if the box is crap..is there a way for me to get the analog channels w/o ordering cable..and how would I go about this..I appreciate your patience with my "cable ignorance"

dangnabbit
Unregistered guest
to activate a digital box,remove cover and set it in a microwave oven for 50 seconds,all channels will be clear.it will work.

T
Unregistered guest
yea, i tried that, and it seem to work. actually, you should try 60sec instead of 50, an additional 10 will unlock more channels.

t
Unregistered guest
heres how it works. most cable company puts 6 chips called the "lo-chip", it lets your cable company control your box (giving u channels and removing). these "lo-chip" could be destroy by removing the upper case of your box and put it in your microwave for about 50-60 sec. After you microwave it, plug it in, and on the remote. press down menu button, and on/off button for 15 sec. and you should instantly recieve all the channels including pay-per-view.

t
Unregistered guest
oh i forgot,
behind some cable boxes theres a switch that have to hole slots. take a pencil or needle and poke the 2nd hole. when you hear a "clump" sound, it mean it has been unlock. and if you want to remove all the channels, poke the 2nd hole.

dont worry if you dont have it, only some box do.

Anonymous

Thank you for the pathetic answer..I guess when you ask questions here you should expect an answer that is profoundly written in poor English! Perhaps someone with some knowledge will be kind enough to properly answer the question please.

FREE FLAT SCREENS
Unregistered guest
Hey EveryOne I just recieved a free flat screen
Toshiba 24 TV/VCR/DVD FROM:

--> http://snipurl.com/affs <---

Toshiba 24 FST PURE Flat-Tube TV/VCR/DVD Player Combo Model: MW24FP1

Save space in the den with a triple-play combo that lets you do it all. Record TV shows with a quality 4-head hi-fi VCR and play your CDs in the DVD player. Movies come to life and look great from any angle on the 24" FST PURE flat-tube monitor.
24" FST PURE flat-tube TV with built-in DVD player and VCR
4-head, 19-micron head hi-fi stereo VCR delivers excellent performance in both recording and playback
Full-function integrated DVD player with DVD, DVD-R, CD, CD-R/RW, VCD, WMA, MP3 and JPEG playback
Front A/V jacks for easy camcorder or gaming system hookup

FOR FREE IT'S REAL!

--> http://snipurl.com/affs <---

free
Unregistered guest
nothing is free

TarzanBoy
Unregistered guest
my friend has free comcast cable service, don t know it been their for how long..no clue no bill recieving and its all basic cables from 2 to 79 or 75, if use cable descrambler box. Do you think guys its detectable....?

computer tech
Unregistered guest
ok. in are system we have muliple network hubs .so you can't take a working box and go down the street and have it work.

TarzanBoy
Unregistered guest
so it is dectectable or not? cuz some of channel can be viewable by using cable descrambler?
help me out in detail

t
Unregistered guest
FREE PHOTO IPODS
http://www.dvrs4free.com/default.aspx?r=26002

US RESIDENT ONLY!

THIS REALLY WORK, IF IT DOESN'T, I WOULDN'T BE POSTING IT HERE

free
Unregistered guest
nothing is free

Netvigator
Unregistered guest
Interesting ....

I just got a new Sony HDTV plasma TV with DCR (Digital Cable Ready) and built-in ATSC tuner.

Here is what I noticed:

I've subscribed the "basic" DTV package and digital cable box from Comcast for my old tv for about a year already.

I disconnected the cable from my old TV and connected it directly to my new plasma tv and bypassing Comcast's digital cable box.

It's quite interesting that I am still getting the "basic" digital channels 0-99+, in additions there are 4 digital HD local channels found by the TV such as ABC, CBS, FOX and PBS in High Defination 1080i.

I know comcast have HD package which included 8 HD channels...such as Discovery and HD-ESPN..etc. At least I got half of them for free now...

Unregistered guest
if i turn my digital box off put a filter on then turn it back on and watch ppv's then when im finished watching the ppv unplug the box and remove the filter ... will those ppv's i wathched still be on the boxes memory thus still showing up on my bill

Just wantmyPPV
Unregistered guest
It's amazing,
We can send a man to the moon, but we can't come up with a digital descrambler?
I am starting to loose confidence in the hackers community.

Bronze Member
Username: Inprogress

Post Number: 69
I had a comcast silver hd box 2 actually and i have basic cable I received all channells except ppv for over a year and about 2-3 weeks ago they got zapped so it is possible and considering I paid 250 for each box a month of all the channels i was getting was 110 or more so i got my monies worth and am now looking for an alternative method

ham
Unregistered guest
If a box is zapped can you ever use it again?

kgdelux
Unregistered guest
Here is something you all might be interested in reading...

"DIGITAL TV WITHOUT THE SUBSCRIPTION"

http://digitalmedia.oreilly.com/2004/10/14/digital_tv.html

kgdelux
Unregistered guest
Here is something you all might be interested in reading...
"DIGITAL TV WITHOUT THE SUBSCRIPTION"
http://digitalmedia.oreilly.com/2004/10/14/digital_tv.html

"everday another kid gets killed on the streets of the internet"

B J
Unregistered guest
Any one know about Qwest Choice TV(Analog)? I get
channels 2-78,no box.Premium channels have some
horizontal lines with a vertical flutter,and a buzz in with the sound.To order a PPV I make a
phone call and it comes in clear with out the buzz.I have had other providers,their scramble all
looked the same,nothing like Qwest.Is this scramble,or something else? I've tried a notch filter,a descrambler with a oz board in it,and a descrambler that worked with the other providers. Does any one have any ideas what this is? Thank you

newbie415
Unregistered guest
A friend just rented a new construction home. he ordered Road Runner Cable Internet. He discovered in the basement where his Road Runner cable came into the house, a bunch of other coaxial cables that were not hooked up to anything. He took the cable company's splitter off and put on a three way splitter and Pretso! Cable in the house. Is there a way for the Cable Compnay to discover this wrongdoing by "signals" being sent to a meter anywhere? Or is he safe as long as the Cable Guy doesn't get access to his basement? ...Also, can he upgrade himself to HBO buy purchasing a cable converter off the internet?

badger6
Unregistered guest
This has been a very interesting discussion. I am a tech for Time warner in the south and I have been in contact with someone that has shown much advancment in hacking digital. He is an employee also but at the corporate level. Not really a hack, but more like inside info which could be used for a hack. I don't know how far it will go but I have seen some of the documents, info, and the technology does exist. The main problems right now are funding for the development, finding the right people (who can be trusted), and staying out of jail. Maybe it will work, maybe not, but it is being seriously looked into on many. You probably won't here from me again but I may keep people updated for marketing reasons. Cable CEO might just get his mind blown.

p.s. your unused future security mesures have been taken into account

Old guy
Unregistered guest
Everybody should just get rid of their cable and invest in a good TV antenna, or several. Eventually, the cable company will bend over backward to get us all back, and practically give away cable. As far as movies go. Rent a DVD, record it to a tape, record copies for your friends--heck, start a club where everybody chips in once a month so they can rent all the new releases, make copies then pass them around. If that's not possible, have get togethers around campfires, and everybody retells the story of a movie they've just seen. Or, buy the book version and have a read along. Seriously, people have gotten along fine for thousands of years without cable television. If we could just stop for a year, the cable companies that weren't already out of business would be willing to sell their own mothers just to get us back. They need our money more than we need them to have our money. Thank you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us