Accessing service menu on Sony KDF-50WE655

Bronze Member
Username: Chrisinyork

Post Number: 18
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how to access the internal service menu on the Sony KDF-50WE655? Is there a certain button combination on the remote? Thanks.

Chris

Username: Andrew_debbie

Post Number: 3
Enter service mode at your own risk. You can really screw things up! Be sure to write down any setings before changing them!

I take no responsibility for anything you mess up...

With the set in stand by mode (Off, with the red light on)

Press the following buttons with in 1 second:

Display -> 5 -> Volume + --> Power

Turn the power off to exit service mode.

Unregistered guest
Hello,

Does anyone have a listing of all of the parameters accessible in the service menu for this TV and their definitions? Thanks.

Jim

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
You need to purchase an owners manual from Sony for that information. There are literally hundreds of adjustments and even knowing what each one does hasn't stopped many people from screwing up their sets. Just a friendly suggestion.

xvxvxvx

Username: Andrew_debbie

Post Number: 7
The owners manual has no service information.

The Service Manual for the KDF-50WE655 has very limited information on the parameters. I suppose it is worth the $25.00 but it doesn't contain enough information for a calibration. It only lists the ones that can be changed along with the factory settings for them. Rhe 'factory' settings may not be the settings the set shipped with. It doesn't say what they adjust or how to adjust them. It also doesn't list any of the temporary settings that are useful for repair or adjustment. The service manual has a page on setting geometry but it is so full of typos as to be useless.

I've been told the full document listing all the service mode settings is 400 pages long. Even that one doesn't say what the settings DO. ugh.

The best information I've been able to find is in the GWIII tweaks thread over at avsforum.com
This is for the previous generation of Sony RP LCD. This isn't close enough that I'm willing to go and just start changing settings.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us