Rear Projection Between 2000-2500

Username: Jssilva

Post Number: 1
Hello,

I have been trying to sift through mountains of information all over this message board as well as other sources on the internet. There is an overwhelming amount of information and I am finding it hard to make a decision. I plan on spending around 2500ish (excluding the warranty plans). Right now I am looking at:

Sony 42" Grand WEGA HDTV (KDF-42WE655)
Samsung 46" DLP HDTV Monitor (HL-P4663W)

Both of these sets are available on CC's web site for around 2299.

The question I have is would either of these be a wise decision? I would like to hear some responses on which set people think I should go with (or maybe neither, suggesting another television in this price range).

Thank you in advance for all your help and sorry if this information was already available, I have been digging for hours with so much information difficult to compile together. Thanks again,

Josh

Anonymous

Note for around $2500 today (projector plus screen), with a new generation 720p true HI DEF FRONT projector LCD you can buy what would have cost you 10 to 15k just 3 yrs ago

However its really better for semi-dedicated theater rooms where you have some light control, don't run the TV continously hi-time, and have it protected from kids as these projectors have to be handled carefully

Best of the new generation models I believe is the just introduced Panasonic PT AE700U with a very unusual 2.0 lens - permiting high flexibily for shelf placement

Sanyo has the Z3 and Infocus the 5000 model, not bad either, with Sony also having a more expensive, but not necessarily better, new model

Once you see one NFL game or one mega-movie in true hi def on HBO etc on one of these with a 92 inch 16:9 picture - you would never even consider
a smaller set. They will simply blow away any normal HI DEF LCD, plasma or CRT away

Now if you actually for practical reasons need a rear projector for sure, the Sony 42 is a good rear projection LCD for the price. I believe the bulb issues have been resolved on it.

DLP unfortunately has an unknown factor - and that is whether audience members get headaches from the spinning color wheel, innate to single chip DLP's

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the input.

Any other suggestions from people with pros or cons for either set?

Post Number: 3
I suppose it should be good to mention I plan to play a good amount of both HDTV, video games, and DVD movies on the set that I end up with. I do not know if the video game playing adds any other aspects to the decision that I should be worried about.

Thanks again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us