Samsung 5685 playing DVDs

Username: Joe5685

Kirkland, WA USA

Post Number: 2
hello

I own the 5685 which I bought at CC. No problems at all and loving it BUT one major annoyance. I still see black bars top and bottom when playing DVDs off of my Sony DVD player using component video. This is nuts. The TV can handle the full picture. Why wont it adapt and strech it to fill the screen. Why do I have only 2 modes (wide and 4X3). This seems like a waste of screen space. Definitely a downer

Username: Ross_timothy

Post Number: 3
i have a 5085 with samsung DVD (v3650 - progress scan) - have the same problem. DVD hooked up via components.

DVDs with "widescreen" on the cover have black bars on top and bottom - PISSES me off!!! Almost every DVD I own is widescreen (most of the DVDs from BlockBuster are widescreen) - the bars annoyed me with my old tube TV, but widescreen DVDs were better -- now I have a really nice "widescreen" TV and STILL have the bars.

On the other hand, I just got Comcast HDTV hooked up so I am VERY happy!!! HDTV on this TV is unbelievable!

Username: Joe5685

Kirkland, WA USA

Post Number: 3
fixed it. Just had to go through setup on my dvd player and ensure the player knows its outputting to a 16x9 tv. thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us