Is there a better DLP for digital cable?

Username: Dutchdave

Holland, MI USA

Post Number: 1
I'm looking to purchase a 50 or 52 inch DLP rear projection TV in the next month. I've been doing a lot of reading online and have stopped in to Best Buy (BB) a few times. The pictures all look very nice. I've been leaning towards the Toshiba 52HM84 for it's overall look (including the stand.)

I stopped in to BB again today and the salesperson asked me how I planned on using the TV. I said that it would be hooked to digital cable (Charter). It would be used about 50/50 for TV watching and DVD movies. We would also hook an xBox up to it.

From that he suggested I look at the RCA HD50LPW162. He said it was designed (I forget the extact words he said) for digital cable. It handled the signal better and had the cable card ability.

I'm not sure if it was a sales pitch or what. I'm not real fond of the look of the RCA but it does all boil down to the best picture for the buck fo me. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks

Anonymous

I don't know the answer to your question but I can tell you that the last person I would trust or believe about anything even remotely technical is a best buy salesman.

TommyV
Unregistered guest
All DLP's handle SD the same. Some digital channels are going to be better than others. Do you plan on getting HD? That's the only way to really enjoy your DLP. If you get cable HD, in San Diego, the local stations up convert their SD signals on the HD channels and they look great.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us