Can you help me record PS2 footage from the TV to my DVD Recorder?

Unregistered guest
Please can anyone help me? I have just bought a new DVD recorder, the DVDR100 by Matsui. I can record from the tele, and from VHS (a bit poor quality though), but the thing I desperately need to do is record from a PS2. I have made cool videos, such as Driv3r comedy glitches, and have them on VHS. No problem converting them, but I want to forget about the VCR, and record the footage to DVD.

I know that you could connect the PS2 to my tele, then the tele to the DVD recorder. Here is the problem. The tele only has one scart hole, and I can't get the PS2 to work without using scart, thus meaning the DVD recorder can't be connected. So, after this long winded explanation, here is the summary.

Do I have to buy a tele with 2 scarts, both an in for the PS2 and out for the DVD (maybe 3 scarts, so I can play back without taking out the DVD scart), or is there another way or device to enable me to do this?

Additional notes.
I don't mind not being to watch the DVD back without swapping the Scart to the out scart port on the DVD.
I have enough yellow red white cables to last a life time, including the one that plugs into the PS2 (complete with the adapter plugs on to these PS2 3 colour cables, turning the end into a scart), and have a gold scart, RFs and red white to red white jacks.
I want to record to DVD better quality than when I record to VCR, and then put it on DVD.
I have seen a cable device thingy in Woolworths, right next to my gold scart, which has one end one scart, and the other multi scart ports (3 I think). This could plug into the 1 scarted tele. Would this possibly sort it? I think it might not, as how do you set which scart is the scart in and which is the scart out on the device.

I think that pretty much explains it all, and then some. If you can help me, I am forever in your gratitude, and you will be the first person on the net to see the Driv3r flying non-stop Heaven-to-hell-through-a-building bus. :D

Thanks in advance, hopefully.

Vasi

Unregistered guest
Sorry I can't help you with the PS2 but maybe you could help me with VCR. I've been trying to record from VCR so I can get shot of a load of VCR Tapes. How did you manage it

Many thanks

Richard
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us