HL-P5685W

Username: Rkaram

Edison, NJ USA

Post Number: 1
I just purchased a Samsung DLP projection TV. It' a HL-P5685W, 56" model. It's a great TV however, when I hooked up the HDMI cable directly from my receiver to the TV the quality of the picture was not as good as the component cables I was using. The sharpness was good but the colors seemed dull and not as vibrant as with the component cables. I actually returned the cable for another one thinking it might be a defective cable but I am getting the same result. It's a $100 monster cable which I would assume should be a high quality cable.

Anyone come across this? If so, any recommendations.

Thanks

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
Doesn't this unit has different user adjustable settings for digital inputs? If you have the analog (component input) settings adjusted to your liking changing to a digital input will likely default to the factor settings requiring you to adjust for contrast, black levels, color and hue.

xvxvxvx

Username: Rkaram

Edison, NJ USA

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the feedback. I don't know, I'm in the process of playing with some of the settings. I played with the picture adjustment and changed it from Standard (factory settings) to Dynamic and that has made an improvement but it's still not as good. I'll probably put a call into Samsumg service to see if they can help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us