Mitsubishi 62725 Color Temperature Problem viewing Black & White Films

Unregistered guest
I recently purchased the 62725 and I think it has fabulous picture quality in regards to color films. I buy a lot of black and white films on DVD, however, and there is a big problem I'm having with the color temperature. The image is not uniform across the entire picture. On the high setting, the top of the image has a silvery blue appearance, but the lower half of the image has more of a yellowish, sepia look. If you stand up or move about the room, the sepia area moves around as well. Has anyone else noticed this problem? Is corner to corner color temperature accuracy a problem with DLP sets or have I got a problem set? It doesn't matter if I watch black and white broadcast television or DVD's, I still notice the problem. I'm sure the problem is present with color programs as well, but I just don't notice it. I had an ISF technician look at the TV and he is going to contact a tech person at Mitsubishi about it. I'm fearful that they're going to tell me that there's nothing that can be done about it. This problem really upsets me, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us