Share your tv buying experience of etailers

Hblaze
Unregistered guest
While I go to the local retailers to see the televisions firsthand, I'll buy my tv from an etailer whose prices are around a grand cheaper. I've checked out the credibility of the etailers via shopping comparison sites such as pricegrabber.com, shopping.com, etc. Buyers supposedly rate their experiences for each etailed listed there...but there's plenty of room for fraud, imo, as any motivated company can fake the ratings. I think such etailers are less likely to come to sites such as these. Therefore, I think it would be an invaluable information for those of you who bought your tvs via etailers to share your experieces here. Thank you.

sailsonly
Unregistered guest
I posted this earlier regarding etailers. Can't really say enough bad things about Big ticket online purchases from those e-tailers.I ordered from one and got the run around for 3 weeks.Charged my credit card before they even had the item in stock.(Though originally they told me it was in stock).Then another week to credit my account. The stores appear to have several different names for the same operation.There are probably some good ones out there.I just didn't find one. Seems like their reviews are extreme one way or another.When you are spending anywhere from 2-5 grand it pays to be careful. My advice is stick with tweeters, cc or another brick and mortar store.

gman68558
Unregistered guest
Onecall.com is fantastic. I've ordered several items from them including a Samsung HLP6163, all with no problems. Highly recommended.

knowsofwhatispeak
Unregistered guest
PriceGrabber.com has really legitimate etailers on their site. I used to work there and I know that their policy is to kick any etailer off the site if they get companints of fraudulant business practices or even bait and switch techniques. As well, you can only leave feedback/ reviews if you have purchased a product. This cut way down on the competitors trashing each other through bad reviews, and companies pumping themselves up with good reviews!

Username: Rowdyusp40

Post Number: 6
E-tailers are like anything else... there are good ones and there are bad ones. I (as gman68558 has)have had great experiences dealing with Onecall (Huppin's). I have ordering from there for over 10 years, first order was promoted by an Audio Mag. advertisement. Crutchfield is another place I've ordered from and trust completely. Do your homework and e-tailers can be a great avenue for saving some money. I do have say though, I have never ordered a big screen TV via mail order. I will be purchasing a Mits 52725 after X-Mas and will purchase from a local store, more than likely Ultimate Electronics. I believe I can swing as good of deal there as I could with a (credible) E-tailer and not have to worry about any kind of shipping damage. Also, someone to look eye to eye with if any problems arise.

Hblaze
Unregistered guest
Appreciate all the replies. It seems to me that it defeats the whole purpose of buying from an etailer if one buys from the likes of Crutchfield, Onecall, B& H Photo, etc. since their prices are no better than local retailers such as the BestBuy and Circuit City. The only reason I'd consider buying from an etailer is if their prices are better by a $1,000. And a search at comparison sites such as pricegrabber.com, shopping.com, and shopzilla.com renders such savings from etailers. What I think would be helpful is to hear from someone here who actually did buy from one of those companies (e.g., digital1234.com, Abe's of Maine, Ibuydigital, bestbuyplasma, etc. Again, I do appreciate all the replies.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us