Will video games damage a HD projection tv?

Username: Ryan_050

Post Number: 1
I have a 57" hitachi HD widescreen projection tv that is farely new, withen 6-8 months old and i read many places it was bad to play video games on the tv and it wont harm it unless u play for a consecutive amount of time. Will it harm it or not, and how could it be damaged...consecutive playing or what not. If i get new cables for the video instead of the red/white/yellow ones like with 5 inputs for better picture; will that work? But mostly WILL VIDEO GAMES HARM A TV? at what cost?

SchottGun
Unregistered guest
Yeah it is bad to have them on a projection TV, but if you be careful with it it wont do any damage. The reason its bad is because of "burn in" if an image on a video game is constant (say your health meter or score points) and you play it for numorous hours a day, it will "burn" the image into the tv. The image will ALWAYS be on your TV in a light gray form. You will see it when watching regular television, dvds, HD, other games you name it. I'm sure you have seen the same thing on computer monitors that the computer doesnt have a screen saver. Now a lot of games today with cut scenes and such dont pose a lot of danger. But if you are an avid gamer and you leave games on pause all the time, or play them for hours and hours, then thats dangerous territory. I have had a 46" Mitsubishi Widescreen for over 2 years and have played video games on it since and nothing has damaged it, but only because i've been very careful not to play the same game for too long. I am actually going to get a 27" TV for Christmas for another room and I am going to move my gaming systems to it, unless I have a big group over for some throw downs. If you watch yourself and take care of it then you can get away with it. This also goes for watching TV channels with non-transparent station logos on the bottom right, as well as watching the 2.85 ratio widescreen movies (that show the bars) But I wouldnt be too concerned about those. I dont worry about myself but when my friends come over and play for 4 hours at a time or fall asleep watching cartoon network thats when I worry. Hope I have been some help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us