Philips 55" Cineos LCOS PL9223

Username: Funnyman1969

New York

Post Number: 1
Purchased this TV and I'm awaiting delivery. After all that I've read on this message baord, prompted by Philips pulling out of the LCOS technology, I'm a little worried. Has anyone purchased this model and could you tell me what generation the light engine would be? Thanks for any advice and/or info you can give me.

Unregistered guest
I also have recently purchased this unit and Iam waiting aswell. I would love to hear from any owners of this unit. I will have the unit within 2 weeks and will post a complete review on it.

Username: Funnyman1969

New York

Post Number: 2
I have received my TV and love it! For the money, just over $2,000, it does everything I expected and more. No troubles so far with the picture or anything. I still have some tweaking to do, but all in all, very satisfied.

Username: Wcswebdesign

Post Number: 4
Just wanted to drop you guys a line and let you know I got my 55PL9223/17 manufactued in sept 2004 set yesterday and got it all set up and have viewed it about 10 hours, hows your set? Well, I have a few small things I wanted you to hear to see if you got them aswell. My first thing with my set is that, I can see what is called the rainbow effect more often then I should. I have direct TV HD and am running the samgsung ts160 with dvi out.

My 2nd upset is that I can hear a high pitched noise that I have had with older CRT sets not to noticeable but I know its there.

Overall the set has a great picture which is really impressive, I would give it a 8.9 out of 10 even with the small few issues. I look forward to hearing your input about the set. Price paid $2300.00 Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Kid_red

Post Number: 42
Rainbows and being discontinued have taken this set off my list.

Bronze Member
Username: Xgrizzlyx

Post Number: 66
there is still there 60" Cineos 62"
62PL9524/37

but it too is the signal panel lcos, where is the jvc are the triple panel (wich i've read i think takes away the rainbow effect that the signal panel lcos is said to have

darxide16
Unregistered guest
I am planning to buy the 60" Cineos. Can one of you please explain the Rainbow effect and how big an issue it is?

Thanks

j hughes
Unregistered guest
Bought the 62" Philips 3 weeks ago - the lamp just went out. Here I am on New Years without a tv. Very Unhappy.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us