Help - TV briefly flickering off

MatthewT
Unregistered guest
My Sony KV-32HS510 has started to act funny - at irregular intervals, the picture suddenly turns off very briefly and immediately comes back. This all happens in an instant, like there was a spike in the power. Sometimes it'll happen two or three times a minute, and at other times it's very sporadic. Has anyone seen this behavior? Do I have a big repair bill in my future??

Bronze Member
Username: Vindsl

Post Number: 91
Sounds like you might have a problem with your flyback transformer. You might want to check the circuit board for bad solder joints. That's usually the cause. Just be careful where you put your fingers!

Unregistered guest
This sounds very similar to a problem I am having with my Toshiba 51HX93. The best way I can describe my problem is that the TV "blinks". Is your Sony hooked up to a digital box? Does the picture just go to black for about half a second? Is the sound affected at all?

MatthewT
Unregistered guest
My TV's "blink" is very quick - not nearly a half second. I'm not sure whether or not the sound is affected - probably very briefly it is. It's hooked up to a VCR, but no digital box.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us